Chapter 37: Hotel Obsidian

"What are we doing?" Allison asked as we wandered around the park.

"Ruminating," Five said.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Klaus asked.

"Because we look like the damn village people who just lost a fight," Diego said as he snatched Klaus's hat off.

"Gimmie that. Hey!" Klaus yelled as he grabbed his hat from him.

"Okay, you know what? I need to find Claire. I will catch up with you guy's later," Allison said as she started to walk away.

"Hey, Allison, no," Vanya called out, "First let's get somewhere safe, clean up those cuts, and then we'll go find her."

"Man I hate those guys," Luther said as he looked at the giant banners on the buildings, "look at 'em with their... stupid smug..."

"You can do it. You can do it." Klaus cheered him on.

"...s...s...smug...smugness," Luther said.

Klaus sighed, "Keep working on it big guy. You'll land one eventually."

"But honestly what are we doing?" Allison asked, "cuz we can't keep standing here bleeding out in the middle of this park."

"I don't know, but we better gear up fast before they come for round two," Diego said.

"What makes you think they're gonna come after us?" Vanya asked him.

"Because I would," He said.

"Yeah, I mean we did break into their house..." Klaus said.

"Our house," Vamya corrected him.

"...bust up all their nice antiques and shit," Klaus continued.

"Yeah, I don't think the crime-fighting... super nerds are gonna let that go," Luther said.

"Let's just think of some place off the radar where we can lay low and not draw attention," Five said.

I nodded in agreement.

"What kind of weird ass place are we not gonna draw attention?" Diego asked.

"Klaus," I said causing everyone to turn at look at him as he spun around.

He stopped and thought for a second before smiling.

***

Klaus led us to a place called the Hotel Obsidian.

We all shoved through the same revolving door.

"We don't all need to be squeezed..." Addison groaned as we both got squished in between Diego and Luther.

"There were two entrances by the way, " Five said as we got in.

I looked around the hotel, "Of course Klaus knows about this place."

"Oh, Hotel Obsidian. I missed you, you slutty old dame. Absorb her. Absorb her into your bosom," Klaus smiled, "you know back in her heyday, she played host to world leaders. Roosevelt, Gandhi, Stalin, Gorbachev, Castro, King Olaf of Norway, one of the Kim Jong, Tito, Dalai Lama, Elvis, and not one, but two Kardashians, allegedly. Wouldn't that..."

Allison started walking off.

"Where are you going?" He asked her.

"I gotta make a call," She said as she walked towards the phones.

Klaus waved her off and carried on with his Spiel, "Nowadays she's just a flophouse, a party house, for those not looking to be judged by society's rules and norms."