|| Chapter 14 || As It Was ||

———

Wilbur carefully sat down as to not trample the tender red roses that tasted the sun's winter gaze. He leaned against Tommy's grave and rested his guitar in between his long legs. He strummed some chords softly and bit the inside of his cheek to hold back the tears pricking at the corners of his deep brown eyes.

He softly sang despite the tears that flowed down. "As it was~ You know it's not the same as it was~"
Technoblade joined him with his violin; his fingers steadily flowing through the air as his violin played notes that took years of practise, all for this moment.

For the first time since his little brothers death which was 1 year ago; Technoblade, god of blood, war and revenge cried. His tears slid down his cheeks, over his freckles and splashed into the healthy grass below.
It was a silent song, a sad song. Wilbur and Techno didn't speak, their music spoke for them. Their pain, grief, vengeance, grudges, anger, sadness, depression came out through the notes that they synchronised together. All of it that they had been holding in was finally released, like only music could do.
There were no birds chirping, no wind, not even the slightest breeze. The trees cried with the older brothers. The flowers mourned as they knew those soft hands would never make them into a flower crown and place it on Techno's head ever again.
Wilbur was sobbing as this point as he strummed the last notes of the song, then there was silence. The silence that Tommy always filled with his cheery voice, but there was no Tommy to fill that silence. That silence would stay silent forever. But it was so loud at the same time.

Technoblade packed away his delicate violin, walked over to Wilbur and sat down next to him on the dry dirt below. He put his hand on Wilbur's shoulder and Wilbur rested his head in his chest. Techno wrapped his arms around his back and embraced him.

Techno picked a single red rose and placed it behind Wilbur's ear. Wilbur smiled, it was a broken smile; something that would never be the same again.

The 2 brothers smiled at each-other, understanding each others pain and what they never got to do with Tommy.

"You know it's not the same as it was~ As it was~ As it was~" They sang to each-other softly.

———

A/N; thank you so much everyone for reading this fanfic and supporting me! This is the end of it but I'm planning on writing a royalty fanfic with the sbi so be on the look out for it. Ily tysm ✨💖