How to catch a goat

Start from the beginning

Harrison let out a breath, "we will have to wait and see."

The twins shared a look of dissatisfaction, "too little, too late," they muttered.

A delicate throat clearing drew Harry's attention, standing behind him was Fleur.

He hadn't had much to do with the French champion this time around, beyond speaking to her about the dragons. He had seen her in passing with her friends as they often sat at the Ravenclaw table, but that was it.

"Can I help you miss Delacour?" he asked, seeing as she hasn't spoken yet.

The part veela tilted her head and for a moment looked conflicted, "I wanted to thank you," she said, "you warned me when you didn't need to."

Harry nodded, "you have nothing to thank me for, I only gave you a tiny hint. What you did with it was all your own hard work."

Fleur nodded, "still, you helped me, so I wanted to thank you. I realised now how dangerous this competition is, thanks to you I had time to practise, and prepare. Without that I could have..." she cut off, her hand coming up to hesitantly touch her face, "I am alive and well, thanks to you," she whispered.

Harrison nodded, "then you're welcome."

The veela smiled and Harry was momentarily stunned, he wasn't trapped by her allure, but simply taken back by her beauty. He heard a few people around him gasp and knew that his friends were probably only just holding onto their decorum. As she wandered back to her friends Harry noted that more than a few of his fellow students sent him looks that ranged from envy to awe.

"Interesting," Harry muttered, he knew that Fleur had grown up to be accomplished witch last time, but it seems the shock of the first task had brought about her maturity faster.

///

Rita flew towards the form of Dumbledore, the old man had been off his game in recent weeks and she was able to move about the castle with more ease than ever before, as he seemed to stop noticing everything around him.

She had been hesitant when first approached by the boy-who-lived all those years ago, but now she thanked her lucky stars that he came to her, he had made her career.

///

Albus circled his office, he had a plan but it was risky. Still he needed to be strong again, not for himself but for the greater good. Tom was back, therefore he needed to be strong enough to fight him, he couldn't let the dark win

Glancing at the book he hardened his resolve, it was the only way.

Grabbing a handful of floo powder he stepped into the fire and shouted, "St. Mungos."

Appearing at the hospital, it didn't take him long to locate Molly, though actually gaining access to her was difficult.

"I understand she is under observation, but I must speak with her, it is in regards to one of her children."

"She isn't allowed visitors. Mrs Weasley received some terrible news moments ago and had to be sedated."

Albus groaned, he knew what news it was, he had been sure she wouldn't have heard yet; He had not informed Arthur yet either, clearly somebody was meddling.

"I understand, I won't disturb her rest, but just seeing her for myself so I can tell poor Ronald that his mother is okay, it would mean so much to him."

The healer looked torn, Albus could see the hesitation and uncertainty in her eyes, "a few moments is all I need," he added, adopting the grandfatherly façade he was so known for.