Chapter 50

I haven't spoken to Ares since yesterday

I haven't spoken to Ares since yesterday. I've avoided him at every turn, because all I could recall was Maya. And her words. And his silence.

We're in Toronto. The others have left for the venue already. I stayed behind because I slept in.

I exit the elevators, and the one next to mine pings, signaling the arrival of one. Ares steps out with Kyle by his side.

Averting my eyes before they can meet Ares', I clear my throat and continue down the hallway.

"Elena!"

The world seems to slow when I hear the familiar voice, and disbelief crosses my face when I turn my head to see my sister.

And Nicholas.

Gasping, I cover my mouth and start off running toward my siblings, suddenly feeling incredibly homesick.

Nicholas' and Aurora's arms around me, cause my eyes to burn and I tighten my grip on them.

"Surprise," Nicholas chuckles and gives me a squeeze.

"I've missed you guys," I choke out. Being months away from home is weighing down on me, especially since it's been my first time.

I've enjoyed my time touring, but there's no place like home.

I'm going home soon, in a month or so.

"We missed you too," Aurora says and presses a kiss on my temple. "I'm attending every show in New York, but I couldn't wait any longer to see you and flew out here."

"Who knew that I'd miss your annoying ass, huh?" Nicholas grins when we pull back from each other.

I roll my eyes and flip him off. It's then that I also notice Riccardo standing next to my sister, a softened look in his eyes as he proudly looks at me.

"Riccardo!" I smile and hug him as well. "How you've been, Elena?" he asks, wrapping his arms around Aurora as soon as I step back.

He pulls his wife closer to her as if the thought of her being away from him for too long bothers him.

"I'm exhausted but good," I answer. I glance around for the kids, but Aurora tells me that they're with mom and dad.

"A weekend of peace," she sighs and closes her eyes, leaning back into Riccardo. "I miss Alyssa, though," she then adds. Riccardo smiles down at her, his eyes filled with love.

"I miss the boys as well, even though they're a pain in the ass already at such a young age."

"Everything okay, lil sis?" Nicholas asks and steps closer to me, "you seemed... sad when you came out of the elevator."

I try to give him my best-assuring smile and nod. "Yeah, everything's great."

I feel Aurora's eyes on me, but don't look at her. "Well, I was headed for the venue. You guys wanna come?"