1.The Meet💫

'Love is not love until love's vulnerable'- Theodore Roethke

'Drip, drip, drip...'

That was the only sound resonating through her head. How can she be so hot and yet so cold at the same time? She wondered as she lay buried beneath a thin layer of freshly fallen snow. She took an assessment of her injuries.

'Drip, drip, drip.'

The sound was back to haunt her as tried to figure out the source of the sound. It was such an odd sound to hear, as she wasn't quite sure what to believe.

It was the end of January and the snow had started melting. It was still cold, but at least signs that spring was here were evident all around her.

'Drip, drip, drip.'

The color crimson painted the snow beneath her head as her red hair was matted with something... her blood.

She tried to figure out if she was dead and if this was some cruel joke of an afterlife. And yet, she knew she was alive.

She just had to keep going, she was the daughter of an Alpha, and a futurenalphamin in her right. She had no choice but to survive. She had shifted back to her human form, as her wolf was in no shape to maintain dominance. That was what happened when you are too injured or very close to death. She prayed that her situation was the former.

She picked up on the scent of enemy wolves closing in on her...'Well, that's just great. As if those psychopathic wolves haven't already taken everything from her; her pack, her family, and now it seemed, only her life would sedate the hunger those "animals" had.

But she wasn't about to roll over and play dead. She was Sutton Crimson, daughter of Alpha Crimson of the Crimson Pack.

But then again, there was no longer a Crimson Pack, they had taken even that away from her. She knew there was a river that ran to the east. She knew these lands like the back of her hand. She had played from the river to the mountains as a child.

Her father had taken her to the peak of the mountain that overlooked the entire valley. Her father had done one of the most iconic speeches in Disney's history

"Look down below you, everything the light touches form part of our territory."

Her father said as Sutton immediately pick up the famous line from the movie: The Lion King and started to laugh at him. As the memory faded from her mind, she is brought back to her harsh reality where she is running for her life. This was also a Lion King parallel as Simba had to do the same.

His only hope was the elephant graveyard, as her only hope is the waterfall. Thank God her father had insisted that she learned how to swim

As soon as she made it to the river, she planned to lose her scent in the river, to throw off her scent, and confuse the wolves hunting her.

She was many things, but she was not prey.

Her head wound has partially healed, and all she could hope was that she would make it past the border and hopefully into neutral territory where she would stand a better chance of escaping.

She just got to get going, and with renewed vigor, she pushed herself toward the river. She found herself heading to a place she didn't know existed.

She had to survive, she had no choice but to. She had many things she still wanted to do and be. Primarily, she wanted to become an Alpha, become a mate, and most importantly...become a mother.

*****
Destruction, Disaster, and Dissolution

These were the only words that should be spoken of whenever you hear the words:The Crimson Pack. West surveyed what was left of the former Crimson Pack, but nothing. This pack had been the reason for his nightmares for the last five years. He would never forget the day the Alpha of the Crimson Pack had done the unthinkable.