Chapter 27 (stars)

Start from the beginning

After a while they return to the house at night. Little did they know it would be the beginning of a disaster.

Hikari see's her parents chatting so she goes and grabs a book from her dads office. The book she picks up is a book titled "DEMONS"

She then goes and cuddles next to kento, reading the book to him.

"The demons only comes out at night, they like to find a lone traveler and eat them!"

 Kento' s voice trembled lightly. "Nee-san are demons really scary?" 

 "Yes, they are very scary, even adults are too scared to fight them. Demons are stronger than us humans, and they can't die even if we keep attacking them.  If they are hurt their bodies will be healed in an instant."

"T-then is there a way to kill them?" Asks kento

 "There is, according to this book, there are a few ways. First is to hold them until sun appears, as demons only comes out at night, their bodies are weak against the sun. So if they came into contact with sunlight, their bodies will be burned into dust."

 "It's just like the demon from the west! I heard they can be killed by sunlight and stake on their hearts. Then what is the other way?"

 Hikari continues to read the book with a smile and say.

 "The second way is to cut the demon neck, but we can't use any weapon, there is a weapon called nichirin blade forged from special material. It said this material needs to get soaked in sunlight for a very long time. Only by using weapon forged from that material, we can kill the demon.

 They also hate the smell of wisteria trees, it's poisonous for them."

Kento then asks if he will be safe from the demons, Hikari then assures him that she will protect him till the end.

Some time later both off them fall asleep.

Time skip (some time in the night)-

Hikari POV-

I woke up to screaming, I saw mum fighting off a monster with the seiya kagura. Stars were coming out of a katana that she was fighting with. All of a sudden a man with a pale complexion and blue hair came up from the ground and pierced mum, I screamed and the last thing she said was. 

"Use the katana, and search for the seiya records in the office."

My mother and father had been killed. Looked to my side and saw my brother safe and sound. I got up and grabbed the katana, the demon laughed and said, "rejoice because you shall have a quick death, unlike your father." I ran up to the demon and tried using the seiya kagura to kill it. I cut off its head and it was in disbelief. I started crying at the foot of my parents body, the demon then spoke, "hey girl, I might die right now, but you will feel pain."I looked at him with confusion,  I then looked at my brother seeing him bleeding. I then ran to his body. 

"He's still warm I need to get him to the doctor."

I ran as fast as I could. As I got out of the house, I saw the village on fire, I knew I had to get away from here. The bodies of my neighbours, and our servants were all on the floor, I could hear thier screams. I ran as fast as I could to the other village.

I checked my brother's temperature.....

He was cold, I could believe it. Demons were real, they ruined my life, I will end all demons, I will kill them all!

I went back home and it was morning. I went to check for survivors but couldn't find any. 

L then salvaged all the books I could find. I buried my family and started to read the books. I found out about the existence of the demon slayer corps and demons. I found out that our dance was actually a weapon. They called them breathing styles, and the seiya kagura was actually, star breathing. I found out about my ancestor, Yuki tsugikuni. Her brothers were both demon slayers and her brother Yoriichi tsugikuni was the strongest demon slayer ever. I found out that yuki was actually a spy, and she trained under her brother Yoriichi after her other brother Michikatsu's demonification. star breathing was created as a substitute to sun breathing. It focuses on the strengths of a woman, such as agility and flexibility. 

I knew what I had to do. I had to follow the in depth training guide that Yuki wrote. I had to run 20 km a day, 200 splits and practice star breathing with my mums nichirin blade. 

I had salvaged most of my house. I could still live in it, so I decided to find as much info as I could about our family. I found out that my mum and dad were demon slayers. They both had to stop because of their illness. I found out that my mum had a demon slayer uniform in her cabinet. The demon slayer uniform is apparently strong enough to stop lower rank demons from biting you. 

5 days after the incident-

I have been eating a lot recently since I salvaged all of the villages resources. I want to eat all I can before the food goes bad, as well as that I have cut of the fabric from the demon slayer uniform and made it into a ninja yoroi. I have decided to do some spying so I can find the sword smith village and we're the master of the demon slayer corps is hiding. I want to ask why they haven't paid attention to this town. As well as making a yoroi, I melted down the nichirin sword and made it into lighter smaller katana, or also know as the wakizashi.

I melted the steel and also made a brass knuckle with all the spare steel I had.

I was ready to find and kill demons.