𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

Start from the beginning

Mia's body convulges on the bed, her head shaking left to right as the clown approaches her and lifts her shirt as he had done with mine. She's having a panic attack.

Just when the tip of the knife touches Mia's pale skin, we hear them;

The sirens wailing, warnings ensuing on megaphones, orders being yelled and then the thudding of footsteps rushing our way.

"The warehouse has been surrounded. Clown killer, show yourself. You're under arrest warrant." An authoritative voice rings loud and clear through the blarring megaphones.

The clown pauses in his ministrations, stepping back from Mia with an uncharacteristical calm. Shaking his head as if the voices and people were being bothersome, he limps his way to the iron table where he'd placed all of his surgical equipments.

But before he can grab any of other scissors, tongs or knives placed there, cops dressed in dark-blue uniforms storm into the cemented room.

They pull the clown's arms behind his back and the chief of police, clasps the handcuffs on the clown's wrist with a quick work of his hands.

"You don't understand. What I'm doing is for the good of all of us." The clown reasons in a composed manner as if he isn't a psychopath at all, "Do you know how hard it is to get kid organ donors? What if your child suffers from an accident and needs immediate organ transplant to survive? If you don't get a donor on time, your child could die. I'm going to take the organs of all these children and donate them so that I can save all of the children who need donors for transplant. I'm doing this for the good, I'm helping all of you."

That was the thing about psycopaths, they always thought what they were doing was right.

"What of these kids? You think you're saving one by killing the other? That's no saving!" The chief of police shouts, his jaw tight.

The clown begins again, "I'm helping you-"

The police chief knocks the clown on his painted face with his gun, "YOU need mental help. And you will be getting that. In the prison." Then he's commanding his teammates to take the psycopath away.

The other remaining police officers rush to my and the other kids aid, unbinding our chains and passing us water. Once we're settled, they ask us for our names and our parent's phone numbers to contact them.

After minutes that felt like hours of staring into nothingness, sitting numbly on the iron bed, with the voice of the police droning in my ears and the background feeling like a blur, a cop finally enters the room with my parents.

"Miss Violet, your father and mother are here." The dark-blue uniformed government official informs.

My sight flickers to the horrified faces of my parents. Dad looks at me like he's seeing a ghost, his face pale and his arms slightly trembling. He's rooted to the spot as if he can't move. Mom is crying and the moment she spots me, she breaks into a sprint to hug me, breaking into heavy sobs.

Dad follows shortly behind, engulfing both of us in a tight, warm embrace. I see a single tear slip down his cheek, "I'm sorry, Violet. I should've been more careful about your security."

I gently shake my head telling him he wasn't to be blamed and he just hugs me and mom tighter. And as they hug me like they'd loose me if they let go, does everything that happened since I was kidnapped come rushing back.

My gaze finds Mia's who was breaking down in the arms of the police chief, reapetedly blabbing on and on about how the clown was going to cut her down. The police chief consoles her, trying to calm her panicking state by telling her she'll be fine. Her parents haven't made it yet and she was losing it with every minute.

It was when Mia eventually settles down enough to pass me a teensy small watery smile, clinging to the elderly police chief officer, do I feel the first tear run down my eyes.

But it wasn't a tear of sadness, it was a tear of finally escaping the dark clouds.

Only if I knew how wrong I was.

Only if I knew the end was only the beginning.

--------᪥♔︎᪥-------

Y'all have no idea how fried my brain was after researching on psycopath's behaviors and watching disturbing interviews of serial killers, for the sake of the book💀✋️

But on the bright side, it helps me make this book's psycho characters more realistic and creepy🌚

Also, hopefully the next 'twelve years ago' chapter will be about 'THE incident'👀👍

Anyways, lemme know your thoughts on this chapter and that last-minute-made cliffhanger😎!