The one

My face felt fluffy.
I groaned as I pushed myself from the floor.
Sami laughed from the kitchen, I heard sizzling too, followed by a rich smell I found familiar.

"You rolled off," Sami giggled, "let's agree not to sleep in the couch again unless I'm there to hold you down"

I chuckled and rose to my feet,
"Morning bae, what are you making?" Brushing myself off and rubbing my face.

She turned to me: sleeves rolled up and long black hair tied into a ponytail. I noticed she has shaped her eyeliner to look fresh. Still pretty.

"Woah. Your hair is like a messy forest" she stated.

I smiled lazily and walked behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder.
My eyes widened, "Are they ribs?"
Sami smiled and nodded.

"I didn't even know we had ribs!"
"I snooped around. I'm a snooper. There was a full pack in your freezer," a cheeky grin spread across her face.

I smiled back, "ribs for breakfast made by the girl of my dreams, I might cry"

Sami swivelled herself around and caught my face with her hands, "don't you cry on me, we've got barbecue ribs to eat"
-----

We had both perched at opposite sides of the island counter.

"These are so good" I mumbled through a full mouth.
Sami stopped the fork before her mouth, "are you sure? I never really took interest in cooking," then proceeding to chew her food.

I paused.
"Are you kidding me? Don't tell her this, but this is better that kirsties BBQ ribs"

Sami sarcastically gasped, following it with a giggle, covering her mouth so he wouldn't spit sauce.

"I know you've never met her cooking is amazing. It's unreal"

"Wow thanks Avi" she laughed, "really made me feel better"

I smiled, "Yeah but you're different"

"How many girls have you said that to before, heh?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Shush," I ordered, reaching over to wipe some barbecue sauce off of Sami's cheek.

She meant into my hand and sighed contentedly. I smiled.
"You are so cute" I smirked.

A blush formed on her cheeks an the warmth spread to my hand.

"Stop being so cute!" I demanded, with a silly tone.
"Stop being such a heart throb of a boyfriend, then" she giggled

I froze.
I'd never been called a boyfriend.
It had never phased me.

Sami noticed my in depth thoughts and looked at me worriedly.

"Avi, are y-"
I cut her off by leaning in to kiss her across the counter.
She smiled against my lips and leant into my hand again

As we broke apart, she asked,
"Now, what was that for?"
"Being an amazing girlfriend", I replied.

The door shut loudly followed by a laughing voice,
"Come on kids, finish your breakfast!"
Kevin entered the kitchen unit with a grin on his face.

"Hey man," I spoke, "Your missing out on some amazing ribs. Even better that kirsties."

"Never!" He gasped sarcastically, "Oh, speaking of Kirstie, her and Jeremy have invited us, the two boys.... and Sami of course, out for coffee"

"Yeah sure man, sounds good"
I gripped Sami's hand as she looked down uncomfortably.
"Hey, Kirstie is really sweet. She'll like you, I'm sure of it."

She looked up at me with hope in her eyes.

"Yeah Sam!" Kevin agreed, placing a hand on her shoulder, "I figured you're not a people person. But we all understand. We're all chill. Besides, me and Avi work something out if you don't like it"

Sami smiled reassuringly, "thanks"

"No problem girl," Kevin rubbed his hands together as he looked around the kitchen, "Yo, where are my ribs?"

Sami and I looked at each other awkwardly.
"There was only enough enough for me and Avi..."
I sat there speechless.

Sami slid her plate across the counter,
"Might be a little cold but you can have the rest"
Kevin smiled gratefully, "you didn't have to but thank you," he threw an arm over her shoulder and pulled her into a tight squeeze.
"I guess you're a part of my family now. If Avi likes you so much then I will too.

Before carrying on, he turned to me and said, "Good job bro, I think you've found the one!"