The past can trap you

Start from the beginning

"Yo, Spence, which brand of sun screen do you think is better?"

"Elijah? What are you doing here?" I say.

"I work here, What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I work here too but I'm on maturity leave, as you can see."

"Wait she's your wife?" Elijah asks spencer.

"Yeah." Spencer replies.

"Do you not see the ring on my finger? You know what can I talk to you privately?"

Elijah and I walk into the conference room, somewhere a bit more private.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask.

"There's nothing wrong with me, I came here to work."

"Oh, work for the FBI in the exact same division I'm in, and exact same field office, working in the same team, are you crazy?" I said.

"Listen I didn't even know you worked here, I talked to Hotch and he just told me they were looking for someone for the time being and gave me the job, but you know for a pregnant women you look pretty hot."

"You disgust me, I don't want anything to do with you, and Spencer is supposed to be your friend and your trying to hit on me?"

I walk away from him but he grabs me by my arm, insisting that I stay.

"LET ME GO!" I yelled.

"Is everything ok over here?" Spencer asks as he walks into the room.

"Yeah everything's good bro," Elijah says and then walks out.

Now it was Spencer and I in the room.

"You want to explain to me what just happened?"

"Babe, I just want to go home," I said.

"Tell me what happened."

"I'll tell you what happened when you get home, listen Elijah is a bad guy, he puts on this facade of being an open and loving guy, but that isn't who he is, he is as evil as they come," I said

"And I'm guessing you're not going to tell me why he's so evil."

" I don't want to talk about this Spencer."

"So when are you going to want to talk about it?" Spencer asks.

"I don't know, I just really want to go home, I'll see you when you get back."

I walked away and went outside to where my car was. Elijah was leaning on the car smoking a cigarette.

"Can you get off of my car please?"

"No I'd rather not." He replies.

"Elijah don't piss me off, I am exhausted and frustrated and you do not want to play with me right now."

"Can you just hear me out?" He asks.

"No, leave me alone."

I try to get inside the car but he grabs me by my arm again. I tell him to let me go but he doesn't listen. I punch him in his face simply because he was really starting to piss me off.

"You really like playing hard to get don't you?" He asks me.

Before I could get a chance to say anything he chokes me and injects me with something. I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker and the next thing I knew everything turned dark.

Spencer's POV

I hated the fact Nya didn't want to tell me about whatever history she and Elijah have. It frustrated me honestly. The whole time we were working on the case, I couldn't get it out of my head, I even had a conversation with Derek about it and of course, he advised me to just have a conversation with Nya and talk to her about it.

When I got back home, I realized Nya's car wasn't in the driveway. I figured she went out to get groceries or something of that nature but hours and hours pass and she's nowhere to be found.

I call her phone multiple times but there was no reply. I started to get worried. I called the rest of the team to meet me back at the BAU which no one was pleased with.

"Why are we here at 3 in the morning? We just got off the case, I would really like to sleep in my own bed." Garcia says.

"I'm sorry for bringing you all here but Nya's missing. She came by earlier to bring me my satchel, and we kind of got into an argument, she said she was going home but she never came home. I found her ring and her car outside in the parking lot.

"Well, we have to find her," Derek says.

"Let's get to work," Hotch says.

Nya's POV

I woke up feeling so dizzy, once I regained consciousness everything was a blur. I was tied to a chair in some sort of basement. I yelled for help but no one came.

Elijah opened the door to the basement. He was carrying a dog bowl that had spaghetti in it and placed it on the far side of the chair I was tied to.

"Welcome to mi casa, well it's only part of mi casa," Elijah said

"Why are you doing this to me? You're going to keep me locked up here and put food in a dog bowl for me to eat from?" 

"That's exactly what I'm going to do." He replied.

"You know in the CIA they train you to endure months and months of torture."

"Oh I know you can handle it, but I'm not sure your baby can."

"What is wrong with you?" I ask.

"I'm obsessed with someone and I'll do anything and everything to have her." 

"Can you at least feed me the food?" I ask.

"You're the special agent right and the former CIA assassin, you can free yourself and get the food yourself."

He walks out of the basement and leaves me there alone.