09

Friday September 15tb 1985

📍Hawkins high

Joanne Henderson

It has been two days since I asked Robin to hang out and I couldn't be more excited. Yesterday Eddie Munson gave me some weed as a "thank you" for being such a good sister to Dustin, or something like that. Either way I planned on using it tonight with Robin, because at least it will give us something to do.

French started 15 minutes ago and I was completely zoned out daydreaming about tonight.

"Earth to Jo" I heard Robin say pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry what did you say" I giggle

"Nothing important i was just wondering if you had any plans for us tonight" she asks smiling at me.

"Well I get to paint your nails, and I got something from that hellfire guy, Eddie Munson" I say shrugging "if you'd be l-like into that, because if not that's cool too" I stuttered not wanting to make her uncomfortable for some reason.

"I would be" she smiles "into that, I mean"

"Cool" I say looking down at my desk and rolling my eyes at how stupid I sounded.

I don't know why things with Robin are so different now- I mean I know why, it's because of the kiss. I like Robin, and I think she likes me, but I've never felt this way about anyone before. It's like the crush I had on Billy Hargrove sophomore year, but worse, because Robin and I actually talk.

The bell rings and Robin and I both walk out to my car getting on the driver and passenger seats.

"Hey Robin, fancy seeing you here" Dustin perks up from the back seat.

"Is it?" Robin asks turning back to look at him.

"I just mean that Joanne barley ever drives any of her friends to our house" he shrugs.

"Dustin butt out" I say while driving.

"We're just talking" he defends.

"Well talk about something else" I sigh.

"Whatever, loser" he says before him and Robin branch off into a separate argument about Star Wars movies, which I knew nothing about. We pulled into the drive way and walked into the house together, my mother was napping on the couch while some sappy episode of I love Lucy played.

"Cmon Robin let's go to my room" i says pulling her down the hall and into my bedroom.

"Alright what do you want to do" she says sitting on the edge of my bed, playing with the rings that covered her hands.

"I could paint your nails now" I smile up at her.

"Fine, but don't make them messy" she warns.

"Oh I would never" I defend dramatically.

"These better be salon worthy" she chimes in as I start her first finger.

"Yeah yeah, just hold still" I say.

"Should I take my rings off?" she asks looking down at me.