08

Wednesday September 13th 1985

📍Hawkins high

Robin Buckley

I usually hated school, I didn't have very many friends, and the only A I've ever gotten is in art. I have every right to hate highschool, or at least I had every right. The minute I kissed Joanne Henderson my life was forever changed. She calls me—like every night, and when she tries to flirt and it's my favorite thing ever. Even Nancy Wheeler has been nicer to me this week.

"Boo!" Joanne says from behind me while I get my notebooks from my locker.

"Hi Joanne" I say smiling.

"Hello Buckley" she says grabbing my books and carrying them. "So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again, maybe Friday?" She asks

"I work Friday, and there is no way Steve is covering another shift for me" i frown at her

"Just ask him" she smiles up at me, I never realized how short she was before, she can't be any taller than 5'2.

"I can ask" I start seeing the smile on her face start to grow "but don't get your hopes up"

"Oh my hopes are up" she chimes in leading the way to art.

"Hey did you say anything to Nancy Wheeler about what happened?" I ask suddenly.

"No, I would never, I just told her to be nicer to you" she shrugs sitting at our art table.

"Okay I'm just making sure because like, if people hear a-about this it could be really bad, for both of us, n-not that I thought you would ever tell anyone" I end my rant with a sigh resting my forehead on the table.

"Robin, it's okay" She smiles "I get it" she says while the bell rings.

And that's all I need to hear, Joanne gets it.

Whatever stupid art history project we are doing is boring, I like art, I just don't need to learn who invented it. I sat there for 45 drowsy minutes before the bell finally rang and it was time for the next class.

"That was so boring" Jo groans from beside me.

"I wish we where actually doing art" I sigh.

"How long have you been drawing?" she asks looking up at me as we walk towards her locker.

"Pretty much forever" I shrug.

"Well" she says finally reaching her locker and opening it to grab her books "I think your really good"

"T-thanks" I smile at her.

"No problem buckley" she giggles collecting her stuff and walking to chem.

"See you in French!" I shout after her as she walks away while she waves.

History is my second period, and the class I dread the most. I sit right next to Nancy wheeler—who of course makes everyone else in the room look stupid, especially me. I sit down next to Nancy in the back of the class and pull my Walkman out, preparing to day dream about that little pink top Joanne wore today when I hear Nancy say-