LXXIV - Butterflies

"Just wait until you see her tonight. Right princess?" Belly teases.

I turn to Jeremiah quickly, "Oh, right! Remember how I was saying I couldn't get the dress I absolutely loved because it was too big by like three sizes? Yeah, well the moms went and got it tailored for me and I'm literally so happy! Not that the other one was ugly or anything, but it was in comparison. I'm so so so excited you have no idea. Belly isn't even lying, I felt like an actual princess when I put it on." I say quicker than I turned.

"Woah," Jeremiah laughs, "I think I got like ten percent of that."

"Right." I nod and take a breath, "We got my dream dress tailored, I'm excited for you to see it." I smile.

"Gotcha. Why don't you show me now?" He tilts his head with a smirk.

"Cause it's a surprise." I respond.

Let me tell you, saying no to that face? Just about impossible.

Susannah calls us into the kitchen, she made us pancakes for breakfast. (With Mom's help)

Jeremiah lathers his in syrup, Belly pours an average amount. I prefer my syrup of the side so I can dip pieces into it like sauce.

"Don't forget the part that makes me feel like a good mother." Susannah jokes and puts a bowl of fruit salad on the table.

I scoop some onto my plate, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, etc.

Pure deliciousness.

"So Bells, what's the plan with Cammy-boy?" I ask.

An instant blush takes over her face, "He wants to pick me up. I- If that's alright with you Mom?" She quickly asks.

Mom glances at Susannah who is trying to hide her pure joy behind a thumbs up. "I suppose." Mom says.

Belly smiles brightly.

"We don't have any plans after. We're assuming it's gonna be a tiring event." She adds. "You know? Just wanna get home and sleep after."

I nod. "Perks of having my date across the hall."

I look over and Jere's already looking at me. Staring even, like he's entranced.

He smiles when he realizes he's been caught.

A slow blink shifts his eyes down at his plate and he smirks.

One word: butterflies

I feel his hand touch my knee and slowly caress my leg for the rest of the meal.