LXVI - Weak In The Knees

JEREMIAH POV:

What was my reaction when Y/n suggested a horror movie? That I was 110% down. It's like one of my favorite movie genres ever.

What was my reaction when she said she's been dying to watch Cabin In The Woods? That I'd rather have somebody shoot me in the head with a nail gun repeatedly.

I've seen it before and it was hard enough to get through without second examination.

"Let's do it." I agree when she asks.

She hits the play button and snuggles up onto my chest.

So close to the perfect night.

I even got Mom's tater tots on the side table just ready for eating.

We're only twenty minutes into the movie and I have fully changed by opinion. I would watch this movie ten times a day as long as she would keep squeezing me a little tighter every time there was a scary scene.

I have a hand rubbing her side while the movie plays, every now and then I'm messing with the end of her shirt and taking my fingers over her skin.

The goosebumps could be from the movie, but I'm gonna assume they're from me for an ego boost.

She turns her head and sets her chin up on my chest.

I look down at the sudden movement.

"Can I have some?" She asks.

"Uh, no." I smile.

She gasps, "Why not?"

"Because you wanted it." I laugh.

She's the first girl I've had where teasing feels normal. It doesn't feel like a task I have to do in order to keep her guessing, or something I do because it makes her swoon. I do it with Y/n because we literally grew up bullying each other.

"Please, Baby?"

Every single thought I've ever had flies out the window. I forget English, I forget my name. Baby? Me? That's me you're talking to?

Say it again.

My pet names for her started when my feelings felt more real. But she never reciprocated it, even if she did like me.

And yet, she picks the one that literally makes me weak in the knees.

I'm glad we're laying down, because if we were standing I would've passed out, and I don't think she would've been able to catch my dead weight.

"Only cause you asked so nicely." I choke out and put one of Mom's tater tots in her mouth.

She laughs, "Are those the tater tots your mom made for dinner last night?"

Now that more words have come out of her mouth, and of all things it's tater tot slander, I'm back to normal.

"Yes, and they're bomb so I don't wanna hear anything about it."

"Oh, you're hearing about it alright. We set up to watch a movie and you pick tater tots as your snack?" She laughs again lightly.

"They're tater tots, Y/n. Come on." I persist.

She shakes her head a little, "No wonder your breath stinks."

"Excuse me?!" I screech.

"I said what I said." She teases.

"Oh yeah?" I ask, my eyes squinted playfully.

"Yes." Another laugh.

"Whatever. They might stink, but they taste amazing. See?" I grab onto her waist and pull her up to my lips.

Was it an excuse to kiss her? Yeah.

But it was a damn good excuse.

And it was a damn good kiss.

(A/N: jeremiah being the definition of act fool>> lmao)