6. knowing you

Since Abaan left her office, Maryam had a smile on her face, and her spirit lifted, as she hummed a song, and continued doing her work

She was ready to go home after she finished her work, she left her office with a smile on her lips. Should she accept that Abaan in a short time has made an impact on her life?

She is walking towards the bank exit. People looked at her and whispered to each other, as she looked at some of them, they quickly averted their eyes; She didn't care about their gossip as long as it wouldn't hurt her reputation in the bank.

 People looked at her and whispered to each other, as she looked at some of them, they quickly averted their eyes; She didn't care about their gossip as long as it wouldn't hurt her reputation in the bank

Maryam was excited to tell her mother about what happened. "Mummy! Mummy!" As she put her foot in the living room, she called out to her mother.

Hajiya Binta walked out of a room. "What's going on?"

Maryam grabbed her mother in a tight hug, Hajiya Binta got startled and lifted her daughter's head and saw a happy expression on her face. "What happened?"

Maryam straightened her posture after she disengaged the hug "Abaan came to the bank to open an account, the good news is before he left, we exchange numbers per his request,".

Hajiya Binta's eyes widened a bit as her eyebrows rose. "Really? I'm quite surprised, but I'm happy as well,".

Maryam could see her mother's happiness; her mother is very happy for her. She blinked back tears trying to flow down her cheeks.

"You should be careful, okay? We don't know if he feels the same. Don't fall deeply in love with him,".

Maryam nodded, she hugged her mother and the tears in her eyes flowed down her cheeks.

Maryam is lying on the bed in her room among her fluffy pillows; reading a book 'Close and Intimate' on Wattpad on her phone

Maryam is lying on the bed in her room among her fluffy pillows; reading a book 'Close and Intimate' on Wattpad on her phone. Maryam believed in the saying that work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

Reading is one of the things that she does to be relaxed and energized.

She heard her other phone vibrating. She thought someone must be calling her as she picked it up on the bedside table.

She felt her heart tingled, a smile spread across her lips as she saw the caller's name. She held the phone to her ear as she answered the phone. "Hello,".

"Hi," Abaan replied, a warm feeling flooded her heart as soon as she heard his cheerful voice. 'I'll never get tired of your voice' she thoughts.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Alhamdulilah, I'm fine, thanks. How about you?".

"Masha Allah, I am also great. I hope I'm not interrupting anything by calling?"

Maryam chuckled "Of course not. I'm reading a novel before my eyes fail me,".

"That's great,".

"Yeah...," Maryam laughed,

Maryam felt like at the moment it was only the two of them that existed, talking to him was a pleasant escape from all her problems.

"Tell me about yourself?"

"What does Mr Abaan Muazam want to know about me? My name is Maryam, I live with my sweet mother," Maryam chuckled "That's what came to my mind,".

"Sorry for asking, but what about your father?"

"I lost my father to an accident when I was seventeen years old," She felt tears in her eyes as she pressed her lips.

"Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return. May Almighty Allah dwell him in Jannatul Firdaus, and may Allah continue to give you patience,".

"Amin Ya Allah... Thank you, Abaan," Maryam replied, her heart felt warm with how he had been asking questions about her, and listening to what she said with being attentive and interested. "Why don't the question go back to the questioner?".

Abaan laughed. "I am the last child of the family with two older siblings. Our mother went back to her country and left us with our father, he had an illness that made him handicapped...,".

Maryam heard him go quiet "May Allah grant him good health and shifa," she said.

"Thank you. It feels great talking to you,".

We all know that Maryam felt the same way talking to him,

Don't forget to check my other book, Close and Intimate.

ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛs 😊

What do you think about Abaan? Does he also have feelings for Maryam?

Are you curious to know what Maira means?

Guess and comment ❤🌹❤🌹

Comment what you think about the story if you want an update soon.