Act 1, Chapter 2: Awake

He stumbled backwards, instinctively pulling out his sword as the closet opened. Out stumbled-

A player? No, it didn't move like one. It moved more akin to a glitched out villager back in the beta days. Shaky, sudden movements brought the thing closer to him.

"n EW. a̹̅r͉͚̩͆̌͛5̙͂ ̳͉͒̚y͈̽0͓͂ú̢̦̏ ̩̋h͕͐5̡͎̥̆̔́̈́͟r̺͆ę̹̩̿̈̐ ̙̝͐͛t̪̿̎͟0̧̮̖̏͒̀ ̦̚l̩͉̊͠5ä̩̝̹́̎̔r̨̛̩͌n̙͋?͈̤͙̺͑̿́̈́"

He jumped at the blunt, glitchy voice. It was clearly robotic, which suddenly made what he was looking at make sense. He'd stumbled across someone's abandoned robotics project.

"a̢̛̭̭̒̿e͖͈̮͊̎͂a̢̫̓͋̏͟E̟͇̗̔̄̓Ą͓̳͛͒̕È̬̹̃͟͡È͚͖͍̟̽̾͛-͈̬̩͊̚͘0̨̫̯͗͗͟͞͡1̗͖̫͙̊̐͘͞1̞̙̬͌̑̕0̱̺̺̦̓͋͞͡0̢͇̳̔̊̋0̖̥͉̓̊̚1̘͇̃̿̕͜0̰̼̺̾̈́͡ ͔̦͉͆̽͌0̺̫̀̉͘ͅ1̩̝͙̩̀͌̾͞1̫̾̀͜͜͞1̗̳̣̿͛̉͛͢0͍̭̮̞͈͊͊͌́͝0̭͈͉̀̊͘1̳̯̦͓̳̋͋̇̕͘0̰̫͖̥̔̀̄͞ ̩̙͛̽̅ͅ0̠̟͈͗̔̈́̇͢1̥̹̞͚̳̄͌̋̐͆1̢̨̛͓͎̣̾̑͌̕0̝̜̪̀̽͘1̱̠͑̃̃ͅ1̨̳̤͒́̄̈́͢1̟̭̰̲͊̎͘͠1̤͖̤̌̍̏͢͡ ̢̦͒͑͋̑̄͟͜͟0̼̗̭̂͋͡1͈̠́̈́̃͟͠ͅ1̨͖̹̬̀̓̒̚1̰̱͔̀̐͛0̲͒́͋͜ͅ1̬̣̟͚́̐́̓0̩̯͇̎̽̕0̠̟͎͕͙̀̆̎̀̅ ̻̝̳̌̽̿0̢͙̪̄͞͞1̺̤̣̓̆̀͑͜1̣̜̱̙̎̈́̄̅0̟͕͙̍̍̓1̥̜̗̉͛̌0̮͓͉͋́̕͘͟0̹͍͖̺̭̏̃̓̎͞0̼̣͂̊͞ͅ ͚͚̮͉̇́̐͘̕͜0͙̤̞́̓̅1̢̢̙̳̓̄͝͡1̗͙͙̱͛̽̆̑̋ͅ0̗͉̟̓̊̉0̦̠̘̘̒̐͞͠1̲̰̫͒͋̊̚͟0̛̲̻̩̩̹̔̄͆͡1̭̬̬̃͋̈ ̦̗́̏͜͞0̬̪́͂́͟1̰̙̯͊̽͋1̧̞͕̀̾̄̚ͅ1̢̻̙̤͕̆̎̿́̿0͎̞̫̻̈́̑̎̆0͍̟̱̞̟͛͂͐͌͠1͔̘͍̉̓̏͌͜0̜̞͈̼͕̈́̏̾͐͡ ̧̭͓̈̔̎0͙͍̝̓͐͒0̲̼̰͌͂͗̚ͅ1̥̊̑͊͟͢0̙̯͉̤̫͛̌̆͛͗0͉̲̟̺͒͆͛̒0̛̱̟̼͛̽͠ͅ0̭̳̮̐̔͛0̤̦̦̆̑͂ ̧̱̟̺͊́̀͘͟͠0̡͔̯̲͈̔̊̀̿͆1͉͈̝͖͋̅̂͞1̫̺̥̱͊̈̔̇1̺̙̖͔͈̋͐͋̿͊0̢̬̰̆̚͝0̳̖̼͓̤̄̊̅̋̌1̜̦̠̔̆̌̕͜1̖͓͈͋̀̕ ͉̻̼̖͛͒̍͝0̦̞̞̿̑̕1̟̗̼͖͂͗̇̅1̢̤͙̯̊̔̔͞0̭̘̺̀͛̋0̡͍͙̈́̈́̉1͙̥͐̒̍̀͜͟0̧͙̠̈͘͞1̖̝̣͐̽̍ ̰̣̤͍͋͒̐͌0̧̱̝̦̑̒͌̉1̨̠̮̽̓͐̋͜1̡̗̖̍͂̇0̢̛͎͇̰̑̌̀͒ͅ0̖̦̖̙́̈́̉͂1̧̨͍̤͗̏͝͝0̡̰͉̺̄̒̀͞1͓̯̲̐͑̕ ̛͍̳͇̄͊0̬̼̞̫̩̌̏̓̔͒1̧̨͇̉̇̑1͉̖̪̘̿̎͒͝1͓̰̯̜͑͋̊͗0̺̘͕͛͛̓0̢̱́̉̉͜͞ͅ1͚͈̣̝͖͐̈̐̌̚1͇͖̣̺́̃̾̌ ̞͇̍͒̇͟0̘̥̎̕̕͜0̥̺̞̞́͋͝͞1͓̯́̓͛͢0̛̰̠̂̉͢0̘̮͔̙́̋̀̕0̛̝̼͈̙̈̉͠0̭̩̬̮̠͂̓͘͠͠0̤͖̱̲̻̇̂͐͒̊ ͍̝͓͍͂̊͌͗0̧̮͇͂͗̂͢͝1̮͎̻̌̄͆1̨̝͂̏͆͢͝ͅ0̩̣͕̞̫̈́̂͆͑͝0̨̖̹͚͚͑̄̈́̀͞0̛̗͍̞̃͞͝ͅ0͙̼̺̈́͊́1̗͎͎̦͒͌͛͗ ̧̼̪̭͒͌̔̒0̻̻̱̬͂̂͋͝1͍͈̃͌̏͜1̯̺͉͖̓̍́̏̄͟0͕̮̇̑́͢1̖̟̟̐͝͞1̨͉̟̂̿͞0̫̖̏̑́͟0͎̼̘̪͍̑́̈̀̀ ̰̬͒̒͋͢0͚̜͊̐͟͠1̩͎̿̄͠ͅ1̰̥͙͕̀̉̽͂0͇̟͓͕͖̀̄̐̓̈1̗̣̱̓̈́͗1̡͖͚̜̞̏͋̈́͗̚0̧͇̳̮͍͋́͛̓͌0̥̟̻̋̑̾̃̓͜͜"

He jumped back as the robot lunged at him, bumping against a table. He ran out the front door as it continued its glitchy yelling and sped after him. Nope nope not today no thank you. Not his world, not his business.

And yet...

He stopped when he'd found a tall tree to climb, and perched in its branches as the robot circled below like a dog with a squirrel. Huh.

He paused to catch his breath and surveyed his surroundings. The cabin was not too far away, he was still in the surrounding forest after all. The mountains loomed in the distance and to his right-

So this server had previously belonged to a builder? Structures and half-finished houses stretched for miles in one direction. Spruce and oak seemed to be a recurring theme with a lot of the builds, specifically the houses. Odd.

He looked back down at the robot that was still circling below him. Now that he wasn't startled by loud screeches and sudden movements, it didn't look as threatening. It actually looked relatively well-made, with realistic artificial skin and hair. The glitchiness must've been from an internal error. Actually now that he thought about it, it seemed to just be a voicebox and movement issue, easily fixable.