Chapter 1

Shikadai was currently meditating in his room, few minutes before he has to report to the Chūnin Exams Finals. While he was sitting in the typical Nara pose, he was current speaking to his 'roommate' in his mind.

"So, what do you think? What are the chances of me using that technique?" Shikadai spoke in his mind as a male voice answered him back.

"Probably about a 40% chance at that. But you better use the other techniques, especially the Tokusa no Kage Bōjutsu (Ten Shadows Technique).

"I know." The young Nara said as he prepared himself for the exams. "So, I guess you won't be able to see me fight I take it?"

"*sigh* No. There is something I need to take care of so I wouldn't be able to see you battle. But it doesn't matter in a way. I know that you'll win anyway considering how far you've come. You are really ahead of any shinobi of your generation. All you need now is experience and a lot more practice."

"Alright. And thanks, for helping me reach this far. I'm really grateful towards you, sensei."

"*chuckles* Shut up kid...You should get ready, it's almost time."

Shikadai obeys as he opens his eyes and gets up from the stance and picks up his outfit. He stares at it for a while as a soft smile appears on his face. He wears his outfit and equips his kunai pouch which had all the tools he needed. He looked in the mirror one last time and said out loud.

"Let's roll."

XXXXX

Everyone, except Shikadai, was present in the Konoha Dome where the finals for the Chūnin Exams was going to be held. The audience was quite excited at the prospect of seeing Genin(s) from different villages battle each other. As the remaining contestants made their way to the arena, Boruto notices the absence of the Nara.

"Oi. Where is Shikadai?" Boruto asked Inojin, who was the member of this generation's Ino-Shika-Cho Trio.

"I don't know. He said something about a flashy entrance, or something like that." The Yamanaka answered.

The proctor for the Exams, Rock Lee began announcing the names of the contestants that made it to the finals. As soon as he was about to say Shikadai's name, a cackle of lightning was heard by everyone in the arena. With a second cackle of lightning, the young Nara appeared via Lightning Shunshin dressed in a green-black combat attire with a hood which was covering his face.

 With a second cackle of lightning, the young Nara appeared via Lightning Shunshin dressed in a green-black combat attire with a hood which was covering his face

(Imagine it has a hood which is kept up and change the logo on the left arm with the Konoha forehead protector)

"Who are you?" The proctor asked the newcomer.

"Nara Shikadai" He answered as be brought his hood down and showed his face.

[Yes, I made him look overly sexy but whatever considering Boruto(series) fucked up anyway so just let me have my fun.]*

XXXXX

Everyone in the stadium; besides Shikamaru, Temari and Naruto, were shocked. THAT was Shikadai?!

"That's Shikadai?!"

"No way."

"When did he get so...hot?"

These were a few of the several responses from the crowd that was shocked from the appearance of the young Nara. Many girls, civilians and kunoichi alike, were blushing from his appearance. The Nara was looking absolutely 'yummy' - to the girls anyways, especially with the new haircut. The new look, along with the sudden growth spurt that made him grow from 5'0 to 5'3 feet, and a lean physique including that freaking smirk made him look like "a catastrophe-especially for the girls". But looks wasn't the only thing different. The shinobi - especially the Jōnin, were able to tell that the boy in front of them was definitely not someone to play around with. He was letting out an aura of confidence and power which was quite intimidating, for the Genin anyways.

"Who-hoo, come on Shikadai! Show 'em!" Temari cheered for her son among the audience.

"Is that really Shikadai? He looks really...different." Ino said in shock herself. Sakura also agreed with her best friend/rival at the change in appearance of the Nara. Especially at the change in his hairstyle, instead of the traditional Nara ponytail one.

XXXXX

The rest of the Kage(s) were also interested in the young Nara, especially Gaara who, even though he did not show it, was really curious in his nephew's change in...everything. But they all could tell one thing...he looked strong, really strong.

XXXXX

Among the contestants, the Konoha Shinobi were the most shocked as they had never seen Shikadai look so good.

"Shikadai, what happened to you?" Boruto asked his friend while being shocked at his change.

"You look...different" Inojin commented, being shocked as well.

The rest of them also had the same reactions, with the girls blushing at his new looks.

"Am I late proctor-san?" Shikadai asked politely, his voice a bit deep than usual.

"No, you're just in time. But please refrain from doing the same ever in the future." Rock Lee said.

"Now, Round Three consists of individual matches! To be held tournament style. We purposefully did not pit teammates against each other in the first round...However, if you win, you may end up facing each other. Please make sure to verify what number your match is."

"There will be three stages. The three winners in Blocks A, B, and C will square off in the final match. Are you ready?"
"Yeah!" came the combined response from the remaining four teams, and the crowd went crazy.

'*smirks* This is gonna be fun!'

XXXXX

*I KNOW! I KNOW! I know that the Shikadai will look the same as Zeno but with different eyes and hair, but the truth is that this was my actual intended look for Shikadai. I actually decided to make this story even before I thought of making my OCs. I just can't find actual good image for Shikadai's new look so I decided to keep this image only.

...for now.

Anyways, I just had to get this off of my mind. This was an actual nervewreck to make but in the end I am happy with how it turned out. Well, I'll see ya around later.

OmniKage out!