Titles and Descriptions

Sometimes, first impressions are everything when you are writing a fanfic.

Too many times, I see descriptions like

"Hello, this is my first fanfic."

That's not a great first impression, every time i read a fanfic with a description like that, I don't really give the fanfic a chance.

Who knows, the fanfic could have been really good. For a first time fanfic that is...

SPEAKING OF FIRST TIME FANFICS

Titles.

They give your fanfic an identity.

If your fanfic is just labelled something like

"MHA x OC" or

"MHA x Reader"

Then why should I read something like that if I have read similar books with better titles?

However, I do have some tips to get good at that.

For descriptions:

1. summarise your fanfic. Take this as an example:

Return Of A King - Redux [By DeathlyJazzHands55 ]

Muzan Kibutsuji was dead- dying at the hands of The Demon Slayers after warring with them for over 1000 Years. When he died, he knew full well that he was never going to reincarnate... or so he believed!

This part of a summary immediately intrigues the person into reading the book, as they get some context as to what the story is about. It allows them to wonder. "Hmm? What's going to happen if this happens then?" Then they read.

However, don't just give the answers in the description, because why would they read it?

2. Make a very vague description

These "In Which" Descriptions are boarding on bad descriptions, but I think that they still have some merit. They tell a bit about the story and leaves you to fill the blanks in yourself while your reading it.

3. Use quotes.

You see this in stories like "My Pokehero" Or "Pokemon: Heroic Adventures" where quotes are used in the description. They give the reader the understanding of a character immediately without reading it.

Oh, you think it's just those two fanfics that do it? Na. The quotes more or less blend in with point 1

Here's an example from Quotev Fanfiction: Anti-Villain: Bonafide created by Aspect

"One for All and All For One? The number one hero and the number one villain? Don't make me laugh! Just watch me claim both their thrones."

You can literally feel the raw power from this character through a simple description.

Now... Titles.

1. One thing I suggest you do is to name your book based on the whole plot of the book.

If it's about love, name it something romantic, not something horrifying.

If it's about a character, name it something that describes your character.

etc etc.

2. This is mainly just a nitpick rather than something to improve on, but I am tired of seeing brackets.

Instead, how about using the Square Brackets [], or the Vertical Pipe ||, or even just the slash \.

This really brings up a book's quality.

3. Use fonts.

Now, this one is optional, but I feel like it would be better to do so.

Fonts can make a books title stand out a lot more compared to the rest.

Just make it a readable font lmao.

...

Anything you want me to talk about? Just put it here!