The group scurried out of the car, looking for an opening where they could get closer to the house.

"Come on, this way." Nancy said, leading them behind a big van, 'Action News' written on the side of it, where they saw police surrounded by the news crew.

"As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after shemidnight, reporting a homicide here on the lake." Sheriff Powell informed the crowd as Max and Cal shared a look. "Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from the house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick Mckinney.

Cal's eyes widened, turning towards Lucas, watching as he tensed up. Cal placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a light squeeze in hopes of offering him some type of comfort. Lucas looked over at him and gave a weak smile and nodded back.

"His limbs, his body, it was disfigured." The sheriff described, remaining calm, as the crowd began to gasp and murmur in shock, "There was an eyewitness on the scene. We have also identiq a person of interest. Eddie Munson." 

"Fuck." Cal whispered in frustration , although glad they hadn't caught Eddie at least.

"Oh man," Steve muttered, shaking his head at the information. "This is not good. This is really not good."

"We encourage anyone with information to please come. You've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock at town hall, where anyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do, and I appreciate your understanding," the sheriff ended his speech, walking off as reporters and townspeople tried to ask him questions, all speaking over one another.

Before the group could even think about their next move, a staticky voice came from Dustin's walkie, the group jumping not expecting

"Dustin, can you hear me? Cal? Wheeler?" The voice asked, all of them recognising it as Eddie.

Dustin quickly pulled out the walkie, the group huddling around it as he extended the antenna, responding in a whisper. "Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?"

"Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty damn far from okay," Eddie whimpered from the other side, causing Cal to frown. Sure he only knew Eddie as his dealer, but they both considered each other as friends, seeing as they smoked together from time to time.

"Where is he?" Robin asked Dustin, who repeated the question to Eddie.

"Skull Rock," Eddie replied, his voice shaky, "Do you know it?"

"Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and..." Dustin started to respond only for Steve interrupt, already making his way to the woods

"Garrett, yeah. I know where that is," Steve nodded, leading the pack.

"Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming," Dustin reassured Eddie, before putting up the walkie, running after the group.

The group continued to walk through the woods as Cal, Max and Lucas walked together, the three enjoying the walk in silence, while Dustin and Steve led the group from the front, arguing which way to go, Nancy and Robin walking together behind the trio.

Cal stood in between Lucas and Max, glancing at the boy as he noticed him upset from the news of Patrick's death.

"Okay, so apparently we're going this way now? I swear, if they get us lost..." Max complained, breaking the silence, as they started heading in a whole new direction.

The red head trailed off, noticing the concerned glances coming from Cal towards Lucas, as she frowned, "Hey." She said, catching the two's attention, "You okay?" She asked towards the two, mainly towards Lucas as the boy continued to hold a frown.