Chapter 22

4 months later...

"Holy shit Louis." Harry grunts, grabbing at his mates hand like his life depends on it.

They're in a hospital room after Harry's water broke late the night before around 8:46pm. It was now 1:24pm the next day and he's having heavy contractions. Zayn came over to stay with Luna and brought her in this morning before the pains got bad to see her parents. She's absolutely over the moon about her little siblings about to be born and it was definitely not easy to pry the crying little girl off of Harry's hospital bed to leave again. Which resulted in Harry breaking down as well.

"It's okay baby, try to remember your breathing darling."

"I don't care about my breathing right now!" Harry sends him a death glare as the pain slowly subsides, but leaves an ache in its place. "Still 10 minutes apart?"

Louis looks up at the clock and nods. "Yeah baby. Just think, each bit of pain is a step closer to meeting our babies! The pain means your body is getting ready for something beautiful."

Harry remains silent as he now tries to remember and copy the breathing techniques he learnt in the packs maternity and birth classes. In.. hold.. out..in..hold..out....

"UHH!" He screams at the pain that comes back.

Louis winced slightly and rubs Harry's hand. He can't even imagine how painful this whole thing is and hates to see his mate in so much pain. Just like how he was with Luna.

This cycle continues for another few hours until finally, he's 10 centimetres dilated.

"Okay Harry, I need you to push on the next contraction okay?" Jay says at the end of the bed and inbetween Harry's spread legs.

Harry nods with tears rolling down his flushed cheeks, hair all sweaty. As the next wave of pain hits he tucks his head into his chest and pushes with all his might, eyes screwed shut.

"There we go Harry, nice and slow."

After a few seconds Harry relaxes again, looking up at Louis with a wobbling lip. "I-It hurts."

"I know it does, my darling. But you're doing so good love."

"I need you to push again Harry."

It seems like one of the little pups were keen to escape from their small home in Harry's belly and quickly started to breech.

"There we go! Keep going, they're nearly there!"

"AGHHH! SHIIIIT, FUCK!" Harry screams bloody murder until finally, the head pops out.

"The heads out love! Just one more push and I think they'll be here."

Harry lets out another cry at the uncomfortable feeling and pushes again. He can actually feel the stinging pain of his skin splitting as he tears, making him scream even louder. But now with a bigger gap to come out of, the little one slides out and into Jays awaiting arms.

"It's a girl!" She announces before quickly wiping away the gunk from her nose, ears and mouth. And finally, they hear her little wail. It was music to Louis' and Harry's ears. The little one cries out for her parents so Jay sets her on Harry's naked chest quickly once she knew they were breathing and okay.

"O-Oh you're so beautiful." Harry sobs, holding her close to him.

Louis' no better, crying as he looks upon his second daughter.

"Hi darling." He smiles when he sees the little girl quieten down at the skin to skin contact, hearing their voices and smelling her parents scents.

It doesn't take long for Harry to deliver the afterbirth and the contractions to start back up again for the second pup, making him wince.

"Here, we'll take her to get cleaned up while you deliver the second." A stand by nurse walks over to grab the baby.

A low growl gets pulled from Louis' throat as he flashes his red eyes to the nurse, who quickly backs away. Harry even flashes his omega eyes at her and let out a small growl of his own, but quickly whined at the pain and at hearing his alpha.

Jay looks at her son. "It's okay baby, we'll wheel the station over so she can get checked out near you."

That seams to settle Louis' alpha and Harry's omega as they wait for the station to come back over. The nurse makes the same mistake and tries to just grab the baby but Louis stands in front of her and puffs his chest out, glaring.

Jay bites her lip. "Adelaide, mabye it's best if you leave and let Janette do that."

Adelaide blushes but quickly nods, speed walking out of the room as a much friendlier and experienced looking older woman comes walking over with a smile.

"Would you mind passing over your daughter for a moment darlings?"

Harry nods with a deep breath as he hands her over to be checked. He's now just gotta focus on getting his second bubba out.

"Okay Harry, this one might be a bit easier because there's more room to slip out."

And if only that was true.

Time went on and on but nothing happened, not even the head was showing.

Jay frowns. "Okay love, I'm just going to do an ultrasound." She pulls the machine over and makes quick work of grabbing the gel and transducer, looking at the baby on the screen. "Okay, looks like the baby has what we call a nuchal cord. The umbilical cord is wrapped around their neck."

The young parents feels like someone just punched them in the chest.

"Is that bad?" Louis asks dumbly in shock, because of course it's bad.

"It can be but it doesn't seem to be to tightly wrapped at the moment. We just need to get this baby out as soon as possible."

And that was all the motivation Harry needs to take a deep breath and push as hard as he can, face going bright red.

"Careful honey, slowly." Jay reminds him as she pushes the machine away and gets back into position.

Harry didn't say a word as he pushed and pushed. Quiet, painful moans of agony slip pass his now chapped lips until the whole baby slips out, skipping breeching.

"A little baby boy!" Jay announces gleefully as she quickly holds the baby. But unlike his sister, he didn't make a noise.

***

Hello besties! First I would like to say I am so so sorry for such a long wait. I've never taken so long to update. With school and starting my first ever job and training for that, I've been extremely busy. But here is the next update and I'm posting the rest straight after this❤️❤️

How have you all been?