Part 20

I opened the door to see Claire Stinson my now ex best friend standing with her hands behind her back and a smile plastered on her face. "What?" I asked.
"What? What do you mean? It's Friday I'm staying over." She said.
I laughed "no, no get away from me."
"Why? Sorry but I haven't done anything."
"You're not serious, are you?"

She walked in my house and held my hand then pulled me up to my room. "So any dreams?" She asked and sat on my bed. "No fuck off." I said and side eyed her.
"Why are you being so rude?"
"Because you were."
She scoffed and looked at me as I came and sat beside her.

"Let's just stop this come on. Just be friendly I'm her for the night so maybe we could talk about Vance.." she said and smirked. "Vance is a dick." I said.

This girl had seen me cry, be scared, be sick, be happy, be shocked, she's seen me during my bad times and my good times. She tried to play cupid no matter who I liked, I tried to as well but I had never been as good at it as her. We had been best friends for years and only now was was I realising how bad she was now.

I talked with her for a while and when things got awkward we went downstairs and put on a movie. We watched 'Jeremy' and 'The summer of 42'. We had loved cheesy romance movies since we were 10 so I thought she would shut up about everything but she didn't.

She kept asking about my dreams and I was about ready to snap. "How do they work?" "What do you see?" "When did you last have one?" "What was your weirdest dream?" Was some of the many questions asked. I glanced at her when she asked me a question, "can you stop? Like please." I asked.

She did and we sat in silence for a while. Watching the movie and thinking. I thought about our friendship and started feeling bad about holding What she did against her. I'm sure she didn't mean to right? Right..