Part 2

Billy Davis was my neighbour until I was 7 and his parents got a divorce so he moved to a cheaper part of town. We went to the same school and he was about the same age as me. When he turned 10 he got a golden retriever called Marley from his mum and a red bike from his dad. He started doing the paper rounds soon after his birthday he would always bring Marley with him. We lost contact as we got older considering the fact we had nothing in common it didn't come as a shock, he was 15 when he got grabbed and the only things found at the scene were his dog and his bike.

Everyone knew Billy he wasn't like Griffin when people cried at the ceremony they meant it. He was a big sports guys loved football and baseball was our teams MVP. The night my dad got the call he wasn't drunk enough yet to not do anything so he joined the search party.

I went in the kitchen the morning after and my father was sitting at the table reading the paper and sipping orange juice. I was making myself toast and butter, "there was no luck last night." my father said. I nodded "I hope he's ok."
"Hes not." my father practically whispered.
"Hm?" I said even though I knew what he has said.
"Nothing, just eat your breakfast Y/N."

At school everyone looked at eachother differently, the police came in to question students to see if they had talked to him before it or if they had seen him on the day. This time they were serious about it they needed to be on top of it or they'd most likely loose their jobs.

I was stood outside of the principals office waiting for my turn when the door burst open. "YES officers arrest me please! I can't live with myself knowing that I kidnapped my classmates! Grow a pair and wise up you asswipes!" a boy with a blonde curly mullet screamed as he walked out of the room. There was no mistaking it that boy was vance hopper, known for his short temper and pinball addiction. He was the toughest kid in school, no one messed with him or the people he hung out with. The only two things I knew about him was that he loved pinball and loved fighting.

He walked past me when he left and that was the first time I took in his face and his hair and his rough worn out denim jacket that he'd probably had for years. I could hear him stomping away when my principal walked out of her office and looked at me "Y/N, come on in." she said. I walked in and saw two detective from the police department
"Sit," a balding man with a moustache said as he pointed at a chair.
I did as I was told and sat facing the two men.
"I assume you know why you're here," one said.
"Is it about Billy?"
"Yes, it is. We want to know if you have any information that we don't.'
"Why would I?"
"Well we're just trying to get more information to help your friend. Even if you saw someone acting suspicious or Billy being on edge that could help us with the investigation."

They asked me questions like where were you on the day he was taken, what were you doing practically accusing me no wonder Vance stormed out. These dumb fuckinf fartknockers was treating this shit like everyone was guilty even elementary and high school students.

I returned to my history lesson and after 2 chimes of the bell, school was finished for the day. On my way out of school, I heard "Y/N, wait up!" my brother called. He ran towards me, out of breath and when I looked over my shoulder I realised why.