五 5 五

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters used, the video or art above, the art used as the book cover or any images used at all. They all belong to their respectful owners/creators. The way I portray some of the characters is not to be seen as an accurate representation-nor for the overall story. This is purely for entertainment purposes only. One Piece is by Eiichiro Oda.

―――――――――――――
PREVIOUSLY
―――――――――――――

"So from now on, we're brothers!" Ace grinned. "And sisters!" Lucy added loudly, a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Yeah!!" They all cheered before raising their cups in a toast of their newfound siblinghood.

―――――――――――――
独立
CHAPTER 5: Independence
―――――――――――――

Streatching her arms up in the air, Dadan smiled as she let the warmth and light of the sun hit her face; it brightened her up and gave her a somewhat youthful glow. At the corner of her eyes, Dadan noticed the white dog they had kept and smiled. "How are you, Pochi?" Dadan asked, to which the dog responded with a bark.

Dadan had only gotten to take a few steps to start her day when she came tumbling down a deep hole that appeared out of nowhere. It has already begun. "Who dug a hole at the front of the door?!" She raged.

"It was Ace and the other two-to catch boars." Magra explained as he, along with Dogra and Pochi, looked down from the opening above her. "This is my house! They can't just dig a hole wherever they want!" Dadan yelled.

Her back will surely suffer for the rest of the day.

.....

As the months passed, the three children grew closer to one another, and a routine was established. Getting up, training, hunting, eating, sneaking into the city, escaping, hunting, returning to the bandit's den, eating, bathing, and sleeping-that's mostly what occurs in their new lives, and currently, they're in the city, specifically an alleyway in Edge Town.

"Sabo, who gave you permission to invade our territory?!" exclaimed one of the armed thugs who had cornered Sabo. "Stop talking nonsense and bring it on!" Sabo provoked them, grinning as he propped his pipe on his shoulder.

"Alright, get ready!" One of the thugs exclaimed as they prepared to attack the child. However, before they could, another child, Ace, swung himself using another child's-Lucy's-leg and came flying towards them from behind, knocking out one of the thugs.

"Ace!" The thug in front of Sabo exclaimed in alarm. "Pay attention!" The two boys took advantage of the thugs' shocked and unguarded states and began beating them up.

On the other hand, Lucy was sent flying due to the force of her rapidly shortening leg. "Dammit!" One of the thugs cursed, backing away from the other thugs and the two kids' fight, which Lucy violently collided with, knocking the thug unconscious. It's not what she had in mind, but it works.

Lucy drew back her fist, whirling it around for better force, but before she could actually deliver her punch to the other thug, the said thug beat her to it and punched her square in the face. "I made a dent!" The thug exclaimed as his fist literally made a dent and dug into the girl's face. Lucy tried to say something, but the fist on her face was impeding her.

Soon, they heard city officers approaching the alley to put an end to the fight. Ace left the beat-up thugs and dashed towards Lucy before striking the thug, who had his fist on Lucy's face, hard, sending him flying. "Here comes the sheriff! Let's go!" Ace exclaimed, smacking the back of Lucy's head hard enough to pop her face back into place. "It's back!" Lucy exclaimed, cupping her face, before Ace grabbed her hand and proceeded to run.