06. MIMOSAS, NIECES, & NEPHEWS, OH MY!

"Out of all the outfits we could've gotten you from The Tailor, and that's what you pick?"

"Yeah? What's wrong with it?"

Elaina shrugged her shoulders as she and Five walked down the main staircase in their brand new outfits. "I kinda pictured you wearing like a suit or something after finally getting out of that uniform. Right now, it looks like you're about to head on a fishing trip with your grandson,"

He wore a layered assemble that consisted of a white t-shirt with a red collar, an opened plaid blue long-sleeved button-up, and a khaki vest. Five finished off the outfit with a non-matching plaid fedora and olive green cargo pants with brown penny loafers.

Five threw her a mildly offended look as he came to a halt while tugging on the corners of his vest. "Excuse me? This is a retirement standard. It says, 'Don't bother me, I'm NOT on the job',"

"Trust me, it says a whole lot more than that," said Elaina with crossed arms and a light-hearted crooked smile. "Seriously, I leave you alone for twenty minutes and this is the best that you could do?"

"I'm feeling very attacked right now," remarked Five as he continued down the last few steps. "Mind you, the one doing the attacking is walking around in lingerie–"

"It's called a bralette top, Five, NOT lingerie," she reiterated once again with a roll of her eyes.

The two had an amazing night with great sleep. That being said, the pair had an early start to their day that morning. The curiosity bug struck the teens as they wondered around downstairs in the lobby and came across The Tailor. It seemed like a regular tailor shop on the outside, but the inside ended up being significantly much bigger, equaling the size of a department store. True to its size, it carried racks upon racks of clothes and shoes that varied in styles and sizes. 

And yes, it did have a tailor.

They shared the news among their siblings after grabbing a few outfits for themselves. Elaina, always being one to get carried away, was the one who separated from the boy as she skimmed through every single section of the clothing store had to offer. Needless to say, the two had no idea of what the other's wardrobe contained.

So you could imagine the looks they gave each other at the reveal of their new casual clothes.

"Same shit," grumbled Five, as he waited for her on the bottom step.

"It's very trendy and very cute," snipped Elaina, finally walking down the stairs, having moved her hands sassily to her hips. "I'm even wearing it with a jacket and some jeans,"

She stopped right in front of him with a frustrated pout. Five found it amusing and crossed his arms with a light smile.

"A jacket I suggested," he egged on.

Now it was she who looked offended. Elaina's outfit consisted of a dark taupe jacket with fitted pants that matched. She was so happy to find a comfortable pair of black, thick-heeled boots in her size. Her top was a burgundy, lacey bralette. Yes, it was with spaghetti strings and it showed off her toned stomach, but she did intend to wear the jacket without him having to suggest it–why else was it already among her new wardrobe?

Elaina scoffed. "Sorry, are you my man or my grandfather? Cause I'm beginning to get confused," she taunted.

"Well, I hope not, because that'd be troubling," he remarked, plopping her on the nose with his index finger. 

Elaina yelped and rubbed her nose. "Old man..." 

"Don't be mean. How about we call a truce? Deal?" Five extended his hand out.