< THE CITY >

The city is divided into three communities;

The Downtown
The suburbs
The rural

While the city isn't huge, it's enough. The Downtown is densely populated. Lots of little shops, and lots of foot traffic.
Food that can be found here includes street rats and birds, but it's mostly human garbage. Some of the prey can carry disease.

The suburbs surround the downtown. Lots of modern homes, lots of vehicle traffic, restaurants, and lots of stray dogs that roam these areas.
Food that can be found here includes small birds, squirrels, rats, and human garbage. Less likely to carry diseases, but still possible.

The rural is connected to the suburbs, but it doesn't surround it. There's room enough for cattle, a few horses, chickens, goats, and maybe just enough for some crops. It's not a big corporation. The farmers that work these acres prefer to sell to local markets. Some farmers keep their barn doors open, simply because the area has a very large cat population, and hey, free mousers. And there is one farmer in particular, that keeps a large bowl of dry cat food in his barn, as a sort of payment to the cats.
Food that can be found here is birds, squirrels, mice, and rats. The rural area had to most prey, but the farmers keep their land clean of garbage.

It takes about 1-2 days to travel from the city to the rural area. Unless you're lucky and can manage to catch a ride in the bed of a truck.

Healing, or medicine, cats can be extremely hard to come by. Some cats may know some basics through experience, but 'professionals' tend to be pretty rare. Cats with more knowledge may ask for some form of payment for their services, mostly food. Healers tend to hang around the rural area, as that's where most herbs can be found. If you're severely injured in the downtown area, you may need to prepare for a 1-2 day journey to the rural area. This isn't always the case, you may find what you need in the Downtown area, supplies are just harder to come by.

————