Part 3

"...why the fuck did you offer him a job?"

Cale was in disbelief. His brother was definitely one of those people who had a million things going on in their brain but never quite figured out how to communicate with others what exactly those machinations were in a matter that made sense to anyone but himself.

It was actually one of the areas wherein Roksu and Alver wound up being a perfect match. Alver was one of the very few people out there who seemed to understand what the fuck was going on inside of his head.

Except for in this instance, even Alver looked off-put and confused. Cale felt rather justified in getting agitated when even Alver couldn't understand Roksu's insanity.

Roksu was entirely unflustered as he cut fruit at Cale's bedside, offering a slice of apple on a toothpick for his injured brother. "I think it's a good idea to keep a close eye on him."

"Guards can do that. From jail. Where he belongs." Cale snapped, chomping down on the apple and grumbling to himself.

"But you said that you didn't want to see him again." Roksu pointed out. "The legal process for prosecuting assault is lengthy."

"So what, I should see him at my house?!" Cale asked, completely lost.

"He won't work at the house. I'll use him as my personal bodyguard for outings." Roksu said.

"You don't use a bodyguard." Cale pointed out, smelling something fishy in the air.

"You also don't go out much." Alver pointed out.

Roksu shrugged and Cale sighed, laying back on his bed with a groan. "If you're doing this because we're 'soulmates' or whatever, don't. I know you're happily in love with your stupid soulmate," Cale gave Alver a look. "But some of us don't fucking want to be tied down to that bullshit."

"Don't worry." Roksu said calmly, offering him another apple slice. "I don't approve of a relationship between you two at all. In fact, if he ever lays a hand on you again, the consequences will be grim." He said the threat as lightly as he might talk about the weather and it struck the pair with him, not for the first time, that Roksu Henituse could be rather scary in his own way. "There were extenuating circumstances in this instance but if he proves to be a threat to you, that's when my grace reaches its limit."

Cale sighed. Alver had nodded along, his expression morphing to one of understanding and now he was the only one left in the dark.

What bullshit this was. Cale sighed. "Fine, whatever. It's not that deep. Just promise you'll keep the fucker out of my face."

"That was always my intention."

The rest of the hospital visit progressed similarly tense. Cale still had plenty of digesting to do about a soul mate as disgusting as that, Alver being generally concerned and running errands to help out, and Roksu with a plan formulating inside of his complicated little brain.

It was a relief when the rest of the family arrived. Even better when they were able to discharge Cale and take him home.

Choi Han was deeply uncomfortable.

True to his word, there had been no criminal charges pressed against him and a representative from the Henituse family even came to pick him up from the police station.

A week, some training, and some contract negotiation later, Choi Han waited outside of the Henituse estate dressed in a suit that they had provided for him and a paycheck that caused him to feel legitimately suspicious over what the hell was going on.