Chapter 8 "forrest"

So I probably won't be able to post as much, because school is starting tomorrow :(
I'll try to at least get a couple chapters out per week, but no guarantees ^^
Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter

The Forrest was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from the small beams of light coming from openings between the leaves.

"Hey uh Steve. Where exactly are we going?", eddie asked.

"Oh, there's a small river up ahead. It's pretty nice. Was thinking of going there since it's nice and quiet." Steve responded with. "If thats okay with you." He said wanting to make sure that the other man was comfortable.

"Yeah sure"

"Great! It's about 5 minutes away from here, so isn't too far", Steve said with a smile, which made eddie blush.

After walking for what eddie assumed to be around 5 minutes, they made it to that river that Steve was talking about.

"Here it is! What do you think? Pretty nice huh. Found it myself", Steve said, clearly proud of himself.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice I guess", eddie said while shrugging. He really liked the place, but didn't want Steve's ego to get even bigger.

"C'mon, there's a really nice place to sit over there" Steve said, while gesturing the other man to follow him.

Eddie nodded and Steve suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him along. Eddie was caught off by thus and immediately started blushing.
Steve dragged him along to where a bench was seated, which was right in front of the river. There was a good amount of light shining through the leaves and it was pretty peaceful.

"This place is nice" eddie said in a calm tone  not wanting to disturb the peace.

"That's why I brought you here. It's nice and the cops wouldn't come here. At least I hope not-" Steve said.

Eddie started laughing at that last part, which made Steve blush.
His smile was just so adorable and he wished he could stare at it forever.

"Um steve, you good man?" Eddie asked, wich made Steve realize that he had been staring at Eddie's face for a bit too long.

"Uh yea, I'm fine" Steve looked away, hoping that the other man wouldn't see him being a blushing mess.

There was a awkward yet at the same time calming silence between the two. It lasted for what seemed to be a while, until Eddie asked :

"Hey uh, why did you help me" Steve turned to look at him, who's face had a confused look on it.

"Like, why did you bring me back to your place. You didn't even have to come back to the upside-down in the first place. And even when I attacked you, you still took me back here to your place. I just-" he sighed "wanted to know why. I mean, we weren't friends at school, and now you're trying to help me? I just dont understand. " he started to tear up a bit. He just couldn't understand why someone would go to so big lengths just to help someone they barely knew. He hoped that it might be because Steve had a crush on him, but he knew that that would literally not be possible, knowing Steve's track record, of only being together with girls.

Steve's sighed, a nervous feeling overwhelming him. He knew he couldn't tell him that he had a crush on the guy, but he knew that he couldn't lie  because the other male could instantly know that he wasn't being honest.

"I- I don't know." was all he could bring out. "I just kept blaming myself. I blamed myself for your death, I blamed myself for max being in the hospital and I even blamed myself for dustin closing himself off from everyone." Steve started to tear up. He wasn't really used to expressing his emotions to others, since growing up his parents never seemed to care.