"Are we done now?" I asked as I stared to count all the bags the two of us were carrying.

"Depends"

"What do you mean; depends?" I lifted a brow. "We've bought a dress, shoes, a small purse, jewelry-"

"Fine, we are done. Happy?"

"Unimaginable"

The guy beside me pressed his lips into a thin line and lead the two of us toward a booth that sold grilled corn outside the mall.
In my head, I would have thought that Jay would protest more about me not wanting to buy any more clothes, but today he seamed awfully quiet.

I bit into my juicy corn knob and let out a satisfied hum. My eyes drifted toward my brother.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? Is anything wrong- something you want to share? I'm all ears"

"It's nothing, really" Jay let out a small laugh and took a big bite out of corn. "It's just- I don't know. Nerves. I don't enjoy being shown off by my dad to his business associates. Or to be shoved together with a girl in hopes of us getting along and possibly getting married.
I know I'm born to do this: take over my dad's company and marry a girl of his choice to grow the business, but it just doesn't feel right. I know I came off as an offspring out of school, making trouble, drinking, and doing things I was not supposed to. But I've grown so much since then- since I met Heeseung, Jungwon, Jake, Sunoo, Sunghoon, and Niki- and you. I just feel like I deserve the right to decide my own future and decide who I want to love, to marry. I-"

He stopped for a moment.

"You?"

"Never mind" he took out his phone "we have to leave now. The party starts in three hours"

٩( ᐛ )و

I stared at myself in the mirror. I had had Sunoo on FaceTime for about an hour and a half now while doing my makeup, and was now ready to put on the dress lying before me.
When I had gotten back from the shopping trip I had put the dress on display, lying it on the large hotel bed in hopes of getting used to the view of the dress before I put it on.
But no matter how hard I tried, I could not get myself to want to put it on. Dresses were never my thing, I preferred suits or something classy and simple.

Despite not being happy with wearing a dress, I could not say it was an ugly dress.

I took a deep breath and whispered some incurring words to myself, before placing the dress into my arms and walking off to the bathroom to change.
After a good ten minutes of me trying to fit myself into the dress, I finally managed to squeeze in.

Black fading into a dark, slightly glittering blue. The dress was mainly black with thin shoulder straps. It reached right over my knees and had a slightly pleated skirt.

I, once again, looked at myself in the mirror and spun around. A small smile grew on my face as I had managed to make myself look representable on my own, without physical help from Sunoo.
After a few minutes, someone knocked on my hotel door. I knew it was Jay, so I fetched my purse and took a quick glance in the mirror before opening the door.

———————————————————————

^_^