22

"Wanna know why I'm scared of water?"

Jisung's heart was thumping...and he didn't even know why.

"Only if you're comfortable with telling me."

Minho sighed before starting. "I was 11.."

(flashback)

"Bye, Minho!"

"Bye!" Minho waved as he stood in front of the school. He watched as his father's car slowly dissapeared.

It was during lunch, when he got called to the principal's office.

"Sir? You called for me?"

"Hi Minho. Sit down. Your mom's coming to pick you up in sometime."

Minho smiled. Whenever his mom came to pick him up, it was for a good reason. The last time she came in between math class to pick Minho up so they could go to the amusement park...and Minho had never been the happiest before. Skipping maths for an amusement park? That sounded like it came out of a kid's dream!

He tried guessing where she would take him this time. Possibly...a beach? A picnic date? No... He wanted it to be a 5 day trip at least– so he could bunk school.

His bubble was bursted when he saw his mother come in.

Her eyes were looking anywhere but at Minho. Quite unusual for a person that always asked Minho to make eye contact.

"Minho... Let's go home."

"Are we going somewhere?"

Minho's mother managed to smile for him. But he knew, that wasn't how she usually smiled. She didn't have stars in her eyes.

"Yes we are. Come on."

"But where are we going? Is dad gonna be there? Did he take a holiday for the three of us? Are we going–"

"Shut up!" They were shocked. Both of them. Plus the security, at the sudden loud voice.

She never raised her voice at Minho. Not once. She was the sweetest person ever.

"Um... Minho. Stop asking so many questions, please? Not now."

He kept his mouth shut after, fortunately.

"No... Mom what happened to dad?"

She didn't reply...she couldn't. She was on her knees. Her hands covered her mouth as she cried her heart out. The loud beep on the computer echoed in the room.

The love of her life...gone in front of her eyes.

"If we hadn't planned to go out...if your father didn't come to pick you up that time,  he wouldn't have gotten hit by a truck. It's all your fault." His mother made no sense, and both of them knew that. Yet blaming someone felt like the best option to deal with grief then.

And once someone started blaming someone, for someone's death especially, it wasn't very easy to stop blaming them.

That was the case for Minho and his mother too.

She started shouting at him every single day. When he went outside, she dragged him back in, saying, "how could you go out to meet your friends when your father is dead because of you?"

Minho had a hard time. This continued for one month.

Until...

It was one evening. Minho was alone at home, like usual. He switched off the tv when he heard his mother come in.

But when he looked back at her, he noticed her walking strange. Her eyes almost closed. Her hands were reaching out toward Minho.

"You... Come here. Let's go to your father. We'll meet him and live happily ever after, as a family. Don't you want to meet your father?" A sour stink came from her. Minho knew she was drunk.

"Mom... What are you talking about?"

"Come with me...child."

Minho didn't want to, but did his mother listen?

She dragged him out of the house.

"Leave me! Let me go! Mom!"

She hit his head. Hard. "Shut the fuck up, idiot."

She stopped when she reached the familiar place.

––––

Cliffhanger <3

Also y'all interact please idk if the reads are bots 😭

Oh and follow my insta @/chrisxpycream

K bye