In cells of steel, the Gladers were sitting glumly on beds. There was nothing to be excited about. Near the door, Minho and Frypan flicked their heads when they heard low but audible screams. Minho stood up slowly. He pressed his head to the door and he recognised who it was. He shared a worried glance with Frypan. The screams grew louder. Minho turned his head to all the worried Gladers. It was awful for them.

               ........................................................................................................................

Thomas felt the pain dissolve away though his body was weak and tense. He breathed in and out slowly, his eyes still glued shut. Teresa approached him, took out a small torch and shone it in his eyes. They opened slowly. Jerry came to his other side with a notepad. "You'd better have something useful,"

Thomas couldn't react. Jerry grabbed his chin. "Speak!"

"Jerry!" Teresa hissed glaring him cold in the eye.

Jerry huffed out slowly and calmed down. Teresa glanced down at Thomas. "Thomas, can you hear me? What can you remember?"

Thomas was silent for a moment. He was in and out of the room. "Box...man..." he blabbered out slowly.

"Who was this man?" Teresa didn't sound impatient but her tone implied urgency.

Thomas couldn't answer. He was too tired.

Jerry huffed in anger. He grabbed Thomas's face. "Give us the name!" Thomas wouldn't breathe a word. He kept shouting at him. Teresa tried to tell him to back off but he wouldn't.

Ava flicked her face to Janson. "Get him under control,"

Grunting through his teeth, Janson marched over and grabbed his son and pinned him against the wall. "The next time you look after a patient, you treat it carefully,"

Jerry did nothing but frown back. Janson let go of him. Ava approached Thomas gently. "Thomas...tell us who that man was,"

Thomas felt himself hold back.

"I will give Newt that serum if you give me that name,"

"H...H..." Thomas struggled to pronounce the name. "Hans..." His eyes fully closed and his head fell to the side.

"We gave him ten jolts for that?!" Jerry complained. "Who is Hans?"

"Hans worked here," Ava explained. "But then he disappeared. Shortly before Thomas and Edward betrayed us,"

"So, he gave a box to Hans?"

"Could he did," Janson criticised. "Problem is we don't know where he is now,"

"I know where he could be," Ava said assertively. "Load Thomas and every immune up. We're going to Denver,"

"And what about the Cranks?" Teresa asked.

"They'll be loaded too,"

"You seriously taking them with us? When could they very well become infected?!" Janson snapped.

"I am keeping my word to Thomas," said Ava determinedly. The doctors came in and they pulled the needles out of Thomas again before rolling him out.

                  ........................................................................................................................

The truck reached the outskirts of the shabby settlement. It couldn't proceed further with the streets crowded and terrorism roaming around every corner.

"This is where we leave the truck," Amelia said. "One truck of us goes on. The rest of you stay here!"

She and the others stepped out of the truck and took some guns.