11 ~ In action

Chapter eleven ~ In action

~ Mina's point of view ~

I was heading towards the school building which was close to a kilometer from the bus stop. I couldn't stop yawning from lack of sleep. I reMembered the cause of that and sighed deeply. The weekend was a total mess. I couldn't rest mentally for even a split second for those two days. There was no thing that went the right way, expect the fact that I at least could get done with the assignment before it was due.

~•~•~

It first began with Dylan's unexpected visit, which turned into a scenario which displayed a whole new level of drama. As soon as he saw me he started flirting with me, which made Dawod strangle me as a result. Even though it felt good that he was protecting me and getting jealous because of me, it was still a bit stuffy in between his arms. However. The tension between the two guys was so intense that the scenario turned from drama to comedy when Dawod's phone rang. He wanted to decline the call but answered it when he saw that it was Ahmed.

It seemed like he began to calm down when he heard his friend's voice, which also affected Dylan to cool down his nerves. I was too shocked and could therefore not do anything. While being sucked up in my thoughts I noticed that Dylan was observing me. He was looking at me with eyes filled with sadness and disappointment. I couldn't figure out why no matter how much I thought of it.

I could finally control my body again so I twitched my face slightly to the sad while gesturing why with my hand. Before I could get the reason, he shook his head in despair and left the room with storming steps.

I was relieved that he had left so that I could relax and take off my hijab, but I was still wondering what that look meant.

I looked back at Dylan who had sat down of exhaustion after finishing his phone call. I couldn't blame him, the way he held me must have been energy consuming. I sat down next to him and felt extremely tired, so I wasn't surprised when I woke up on the sofa after two hours.

The surprise although, was ten times bigger. There was someone sitting on the sofa in front of the one I was seated on while watching me with heartwarming love in the eyes. I couldn't believe it, what was my mother-in-law doing here at a time like this?

"Good morning sleeping beauty, have you had enough of sleep now?" She asked with an adoringly soft voice.

I stood immediately up and ran to her to give her a huge hug.

"Mother, how are you?" I asked with overflowing curiosity to know if she was well or not after the last incident.

"Hah, don't you worry about this old lady, she's one whose built of iron and some car crash ain't what's gonna take this old life no! Let's forget about that now and tell me how you're doing? Only Allah knows how worried I have been about you ever since letting you take care of my burdensome son." She let out a pure melody which was supposed to call laughter. I laughed along with her unable to resist the happiness which she filled me with.

"Oh Alhamdulillah that you're fine! Well, as for me there is nothing out of the ordinary. Expect for that I have realized that the burdensome son that you were talking about can come in handy sometimes!" I chuckled and felt slightly embarrassed, but told her all about what had happened earlier during the day when Dylan visited.

At first she looked really bothered by it, she was shaking her head in disbelief but couldn't hold back her bubbly laughter when I told her about the strangle and phone call. But as I thought, she didn't let the important parts get past her, and questioned why I had contact with a guy to begin with, so I explained it to her.