Where's Waldo/Jim/Angel?

Start from the beginning

"I was busy, as you know!" Merlin countered.

"Yeah, right, you're always busy," Douxie mumbled, but it was just that. A weak defense that Merlin quickly took down.

"The situation is most dire. And now that Morgana is free-"

"Thanks to you," Barbara interrupted, slamming the door. "And the thing you've been busy with is sending my son who knows where!"

"Unfortunately, that part of the spell is not able to be controlled. At least he won't leave this small little town."

"What exactly did that spell do to him, anyway?"

"I told you this already. He's become a true trollhunter." Douxie, who had been following the conversation, gasped suddenly.

"You mean, you perfected it?" He asked with barely contained awe. "That was only a theoretically possible spell the last time we met."

"Last time you met?" Barbara asked and Douxie instinctively winced. "But he's- oh." Merlin only rolled his eyes at the development. "That makes a lot of sense now, with Angel and all."

"Angel- where is she?" Douxie asked suddenly. The knowledge that Merlin was there had distracted him from her, but the mention of her name brought her back to the forefront of his mind. "She's fine, right?"

"All good, especially with that phoenix of hers," Merlin answered before Barbara could, now perusing the nearby shelf for a book. Barbara glared as she shut the door, both ignoring Douxie's confusion.

"Yes, just nursing some broken ribs is all," she said, crossing her arms after pushing her glasses up. "That girl up there, who is smarter than you thought, came to Trollmarket alone to save me and Walt because you didn't let Jim tell his friends where we were!"

"Of course the girl is smart. She wouldn't have been able to learn the spells she has at her age if she wasn't. And that situation was entirely necessary for the good of the world."

"You mean to get your magic back."

"Can you both stop arguing for a minute and take me to my bloody girlfriend?" Douxie interrupted without thinking, blushing and looking uneasy at his own words but standing his ground. Barbara, and even Merlin, became slightly embarrassed and guilty at what the outburst implied.

Barbara quickly ushered Douxie upstairs and to her room were Angel had been for a couple hours. She had fallen asleep horizontally, her legs curled up so they weren't dangling off the side. Flapjack was nestled in her almost tangled hair above her head. Her face was screwed up in unease and quite possibly fear.

Barbara said something after a moment about leaving the two alone (and him to to get some rest), closing the door behind her. Douxie sat carefully on the bed so as not to disturb her sleep, no matter how many questions he wanted to bombard her with.

He had been constantly searching for the past two days, the first day just worried about her whereabouts, but thinking she was fine. A total of two and half days. Zoe didn't know until the end of their patrol (which weirdly at the time but not anymore, was uneventful) that Angel had not been answering any of his calls that day.

Zoe had become worried herself, but said to give it a day. He did and she still didn't answer. The time Angel had been kidnapped ran through his mind and he'd become anxious to find her. He'd gone to all her favorite spots, asked Mary and Darci if they'd seen her, and then searched the Gazebo he'd made her. It looked a little disturbed but she wasn't there. It was nearly sunrise anyway.