Band Practice

Band practice happened about every now and then, but when you spend centuries playing together, you get to the point where all you need to do is practice the song on your own and about once together. So seeing the product of a song Angel only heard one part of was always amazing. And though Douxie was the one who had a hypnotic voice, Zoe was usually the lead singer.

"I got a secret, I'm telling everyone
Don't wanna keep it, I wanna play it dumb
I made a promise, I think I'm ready to break," Zoe sang with such conviction, that it made Angel's confidence with her own voice waiver.

"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na," Douxie, the drummer, Jack, and the bass guitarist, Anna, vocalized together. The mix of their completely different voices sounded perfect together.

"It's just a question, there's nothing wrong or right
But your intentions could keep you up all night
You play with fire, you need a way to escape."

Was it just Angel, or did Zoe's smirk seem decidedly pointed at Douxie? And why did he have such a nervous look on his face? He was never nervous when he played or sang in the band. It was actually when he was the most relaxed.

"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na."

"And when the lights go out, go out
We're just beginning
And all around, our eyes are looking down
You spin the bottle 'round
And 'round and 'round and 'round

"Na, na, na, na, na." Zoe quickly removed the microphone from the stand and leaned right into Angel's face. She probably didn't mean for it to be that way; it wouldn't be like that if she were on a stage. "Truth!"

"Last kiss on the tip of your lips
Really his?" Zoe had glanced Douxie then back to her, like she was silently asking the same question. Angel blushed as Zoe backed up, leaning against Anna, who was the only one who sang the back up this time.

"talk-talk."

"Where's your heart beat, beating?" Zoe put her hand on her chest, pumping it in a beating motion.

"Dare!"

"Time's up, are you ready or not?" Zoe pushed off and pointed directly at Angel then Anna. So what she did earlier wasn't anything other than showmanship. So why couldn't she stop glancing at Douxie?

"Tick-tick-tock,"

"So don't stop
When you get that feeling now-ow-ow."

"Talk-talk."

"'cause your heart'd be beating
Now-ow, it's just a game." Zoe stated walking around her band mates, leaning on them and the equipment ever so slightly so she didn't mess them up.

"I feel uneasy, I feel a little scared
I see the danger in being unprepared
I try to hide it before I make a mistake

"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na."

"So when the truth is out, is out
We're just beginning
And not a sound, our eyes are staring down
We spin the bottle 'round
And 'round and 'round and 'round

"Na, na, na, na, na
Truth!" Zoe suddenly grabbed Angel's hand and pulled her off the worn couch that served as seating for them and began twirling her around.

"Last kiss on the tip of your lips
Really his?" Angel ignored Zoe pointedly asking her the question and just started dancing and bobbing her head to the music.