flower thief (g.w)

SUMMARY: "i picked out something for you," he exclaims as he shows some wildflowers in his hands, "here, fresh from hagrid's garden."

[ g.w x gn! reader ]

warning(s): swearing

────────

You just came out of Mcgonagall's classroom for extra lessons, walk-in empty corridors like swaying grass. The rest of the students seemed to have gathered in the great hall for dinner. Still leisurely walking, you meet Mr Filch and his cat, Mrs Norris.

"Dinner will start in fifteen minutes," he grunts with annoyance, and you nod. "Have you seen the Weasley twins and their sidekick?" Filch asked as you shook your head, "I haven't seen them since the school's over."

Dissatisfied with your answer, he immediately walked away while cursing, "Those shitheads". No matter what they do, they are really good at upsetting Mr Filch daily.

And you give them kudos for that.

"Hello," George Weasley greeted you with a grin, who suddenly appeared in front of you. "Why, hello there," you replied, "Mr Filch's just looking for you."

He raised an eyebrow, "did he leave a message of love?"

"Message of hate, actually," you said with a chuckle as you realized that he's been putting his hands behind his back, hiding something. "Ouch, that hurt," he joked with a fake pout.

"Where have you been?" you asked curiously, "Hagrid's hut," George replied, "he offered us his rock cake, and it seemed like my jaw was about to fall out in a minute." You laughed as a response.

"Oh! Speaking of Hagrid, I picked out something for you," he exclaims as he shows the wildflowers that he's been hiding from you.

"Here, fresh from Hagrid's garden," George gave you the wildflowers as he beams. "Thank you," you said while receiving the flower with a shy smile.

"I cannot explain what kind it is, but I've confirmed that it's not poisonous and that it's beautiful just like you."

"I love it, George," you beamed, "thanks."

You two walk in silence after that, and it looks like you two are okay with it. You still admire the flowers and George looks satisfied with your reaction.

"Did you know that Hagrid has been complaining a lot lately?" you turned to him as he gave you a confused look. "What happened?" he asked as you softly chuckled.

"Some students like to pick some of his plants without his permission," you answered with a smile. "You're deliberately trying to scare me, hm?" He grinned.

"Maybe," you chuckle. "Then I want my flowers back," George joked, "too bad it's mine now." You replied.

"Now, now. Before you assume anything, I didn't pick up the flowers without his permission. I am a polite man," he stated, "precisely!"

"That's very sweet of you," you scoffed, "now come on, let's go to the great hall." You grabbed his hand and then pulled him to walk faster, "where's Fred and Lee?"

"No idea, maybe their jaws are already falling out because of the rock cake."

"George."

"No, seriously! I have no idea! I run away from them!"

and little did you know, he actually picked the flowers without hagrid's permission.