heart-to-heart chase (g.w)

SUMMARY: "my mum thinks we're both dating, wanna go out with me?" but you two are running away from mr filch and mrs norris.

[ g.w x gn! reader ]

warning(s): none just idiots in love and mrs weasley decides to be a matchmaker to you two (inadvertently)

edit: i hope the new title makes sense😭😭 also thank you for roxetaravenclaw (ao3) for giving me ideas for the title!

────────

You, Fred, George, and Lee are running from Mr Filch and Mrs Norris because you guys just got caught walking into his office without his permission.

"Go separate ways!" Fred yelled as he quickly turned east followed by Lee turning west while you and George were still running straight.

You are quickly running out of options because you are at the end of a long corridor that goes southwest. You can hear Mr Filch grunting as he is baffled about who he wants to chase first. You could take a left down a flight of stairs or a right down a narrow hallway.

And before you decide which way to escape from Mr Filch, George pulls your hand and starts running west.

"Quick! Left, damn it!" George yells.

Reluctantly, you take off in a left turn and run at a very fast pace, while George follows close behind. "Merlin, you run so fast!" he said breathlessly.

"Be quiet, George," you whisper back.

You turn a sharp corner into a short flight of stairs that take you directly down to the first floor. "Is he still after us?" you asked him slowly slowing down your run, he looks back. "I don't think, looks like he's chasing Lee," George said, still panting.

"Oh," you sighed, "Are you sure?"

"Oh, trust me," he said with a grin. You look down, you're still holding on to his hand. "Come on, let's get a drink or something. Shall we?" George smiled, he doesn't seem to care that you guys are still holding hands. "O- Yeah... Sure," you stutter, heat rising from your cheeks.

You pull your hand away as soon as you two reach the first floor and walk at a normal pace to the great hall.

"Mum sent me a letter this morning," George mumbled, "really?" you raised an eyebrow. "Did she send you another howler again?" you joked, and he snorted.

"Unfortunately, no," He replied with a chuckle, "Kinda miss her shout screeching in the great hall," he continued with a fake pout.

You smirk and shake your head. "Don't make fun of your mum," you said, "She probably misses you as much as you miss her. I know I would." George smirked back, "Ah, lecturing again, aren't we?" you elbows him.

"Now that's very rare of you got a non-Howler from your mum," you commented, "Did... Something happen?" you lower your voice. George chuckled, "Bloody hell, nothing happened!"

"It's just 'Hello, George. How are you?' letter," he added, "Finally my mum cares about her child, huh?" George turned to you as you smiled, "don't say that, she cares about you," you said.

George rolled his eyes, "Yeah, she does, she really does." You smiled and he scratched his head, "Did I ever mention that she likes you?" he asked.

"I... Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I visited The Burrow last summer and..." you got no words to say. You can't just assume that Mrs Weasley likes you.

"Yeah, she likes you very much," he exclaimed with a smile. "What is it?" you asked and the smile on his face faded as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I just don't want to make you feel weird at all," George mumbled as he stopped walking, "It's just..." his ears burning red. You raised both of your eyebrows. That's very rare for George to feel embarrassed.

He stopped scratching the back of his neck as he chuckled, "George, you're worrying me," you voiced.

"I'm, I'm sorry," he stuttered with a shy smile, "It's just... She thinks we're-" George stopped as he made eye contact with you, "she thinks we're both..." his face is burning with embarrassment.

And you realized. You realize what he wants to say. Heat rising from your cheeks, but no. You don't want to jump to conclusions that quickly.

"She thinks we're both dating," he quickly bit his lips with embarrassment, waiting for your reaction.

"...And what do you say," you mutter while looking down, you can't see his face and you don't want him to see your burning face with embarrassment.

"I haven't answered her letter," he answered, "that's why I want to ask you something-" And before you made eye contact with him, both of you heard roar's cat. It was Mrs Norris.

"Bloody hell," you can hear him cursing under his breath as he took your hand and both of you start running again.

You look behind as you can see Mr Filch and Mrs Norris are still chasing both of you. Don't know how Fred and Lee are doing, whether they've been caught or not.

"I'm really sorry that this is not the best way to ask this but," George said, panting. "Do you wanna go out with me?" he turned to you with a big smile.

You grin and nod. "Great," he beamed as he looks at Mr Filch. "Merlin, that guy is still chasing us? I would really love to kiss you right now," George chuckled, "You do know that he can hear us, right?" you raised an eyebrow as he nods.

"Mhm, at least he can be the first witness to see us dating."

my apologies if this is a bit cheesy (originally posted from my ao3)