Chapter 27: Loki's Mission pt: 2

Standing in front of the young man, Loki was ready to ask some questions. But judging from the vibes he gave off; he doubts that he'll receive any answers.

The young man spoke a little slowly. Almost as if he had trouble speaking his mind. His back was slightly hunched, and his arms hung loosely.

"Can I ask something?" Loki questioned.

"...Depends."

"Are you a part of this? This...secret organization that I have yet to find out about?"

"...Yes."

"You're sent here to get rid of the evidence, and me."

"Yes, but since you were the one...I cannot get rid of you." He sighed.

"How'd you find me out?"

"Device. When you found it...we knew that someone found the secret room. Didn't know who you were though. Sounded like an investigator." The man explained.

"Do you honestly think that an investigator has power like me? A-"

"Zero. Call me that." He cut off.

"..."

"Okay...? Then Zero, will you be in my way when I continue my mission?"

"Most...likely. But...I can't do anything to harm you."

"Nor can I. But since you'll be in the way...I need to hurry up before you destroy all traces."

"I won't...let you find anything else." Zero spoke.

"Oh really? I can control time now. And that means that I can stop it whenever and however long I want." Loki smirked.

!!!

"...Scary. But also, amazing." Zero gulped.

"Do you still want to compete then?"

"..."

"No. You won't figure it out any time soon."

"Really? You seem to underestimate me."

"I know. That's why there are only two more locations left throughout these Nations." Zero mentioned.

"You didn't-"

"We've gotten rid of the majority beforehand. But you're smart. So we only left you two more."

"You do know that controlling time includes reversing it, right? I could just turn back time and turn the locations to their original state."

"...I know. That is...why Master informed us beforehand."

"...So you found someone to serve?" Loki spoke, taken aback. "Who?"

"Who else? Master is...Master. Ruele is our Master."

!?!

"Are you serious?" Loki asked, glaring at Zero. "Ruele hasn't even come into contact with you since we got here."

"Master...has always been with us. She was there...for us 2,500 years ago..."

"What are you babbling about? We barely came here this June. Did you hit your head?"

"That child with you...isn't Master."

Annoyed, Loki clenched his fists. To think that the very same stuffed animal that Rera created was being tricked by a fake Rera. It angered him. Knowing that something-...no, someone important to Rera was being tricked made him sick.

"She is an imposter. That is not Master. Our real Master is already with us." Zero spoke.

"There's no way that she'd be here before 4,000 years. You're being deceived."