[ 018 ] ❝ a win in aussie territory ❞

Start from the beginning

"Aww, Lando," She pouted as she gave him a look of appreciation. 

"Shut up-" he nudged her shoulder, now dropping to walk beside her. "We Brits have to stay together. Because nothing ever comes home." He added, a bit more miserable at the end.

"Talk for yourself," Charles huffed making the two of them laugh at him. 

"Poor Charlie," She ruffled his hair making him scowl down at her through his sunglasses.

"At least you guys have one World Cup win," Charles scoffed.

"Mate does Monaco even compete in the qualifiers?" Lando snickered, dodging out of the way as Charles went to punch his shoulder. Lucía laughed as the man in red chased the child in orange - correction; papaya

Lucía watched the race from the Ferrari garage. Stood nervously to the side, out of the engineers way, with her red headset on. She was joined by Isa, the two twining with their Ferrari headsets. Biting her nails, Lu watched anxiously as the cars finished their formation lap, the red lights flickering on, one by one, until all five were red and lit. It was lights out and away we go. 

Isa noticed her nail biting and pulled her hand down, smiling at her nervous girl kindly. Isa had been in Lu's place when she first started to attend Carlos' races. She too had been extremely nervous watching her boyfriend put his life on the line to drive fast cars. And while it got easier, knowing that the protections in place worked, she even could admit that the feeling of anxiety never went away. Seeing Lu in her old position, made her want to reach out and wrap the girl in her arms, knowing what she was going through. Charles and Lucía had something special. Anyone could see it. They way the two looked at each other was magical almost. They were so in love, Taylor Swift wouldn't even be able to write them a love song that would give them justice. 

"Lover or Red?" Isa asked her, knowing it might distract the tennis player.

"Hmmm?" Lu looked up towards the blonde, biting at the skin under her thumb nail.

"Taylor Swift albums. Personally I like Red." Isa shrugged as the cars exited the first corner. Charles was still in front. He had held onto first position throughout the start and was slowly pulling away from Max by an inch or two. 

"Oh, Lover." Lu answered her, tensing up as she watched the screen. "One of my favourite albums."

"Okay, so do you prefer Lover or 1989."

"That's like asking a parent to pick their favourite child." Lu pouted, spinning her head to the side to look at her again, moving her hand away from her mouth to talk, instead wrapping both arms around her waist, hugging herself as comfort.

"Over Speak Now?"

"It's a classic but not my favourite. Better Than Revenge and The Story of Us, are always great car ride songs though. Me and Charles love screaming the lyrics." Lu giggled slightly. It was one of the many reasons why she loved Charles... his unflinching ability to listen to Taylor Swift. Secretly she knew he loved her music. "Now, Fearless, again, a classic, but I prefer a lot more songs on her other albums. But that doesn't mean I don't like the songs on Fearless, just not as much as other songs on other albums. I mean it has to be a classic though- Love Story, You Belong With Me. Masterpieces. And The Way I Loved You. One of my favourite all time Taylor songs." Isa listed to the girl ramble on about her favourite singer, happy that she had managed to distract her from her nerves. 

"What's your favourite album?"

"Reputation. It's a close call with Lover and 1989. I love evermore too. Such a beautiful album."