Three:

Farewell

"It seems like everyone in this town knows you" Corazon says as you two walk at the town. You accompany him as he wants to go to the town and buy some stuffs he needed. He will leave the island tonight so he need to buy something that he will be needing on his travel.

He said he need to find that kid named Law so that he can take care of him and fulfill his promise to live a peaceful life with that child. In his stories about Law you thought of him being like a father to that child so you understand that he needs to find him immediately.

"I was staying here for quite a long time now. But I'm leaving too, sooner" You answered. He look down at you in confusion.

"You mean you are not really from this island?" You just shook your head.

"No. I'm just a traveler" you said as you look up at him. You knew why some other people giving some weird looks at the both of you is because you are with a guy whose wearing a weird clown make up in his face.

But you thought even tho with that weird looking make up, you didn't still fail to notice how handsome this blonde man is. And what you really like about it is his blonde hair resting on his forehead a bit messy. Your heart leaped a beat when his pair of russet eyes found its way on your eyes. You immediately look away and find something that will divert your attention.

"Why don't you come with me, then?" He ask hopefully. You turn back to him this time with a frown in your face.

"No way. What if those pirates will go back and hunt you down? I don't want to get drag into that mess." You without giving a thought. You watch how Corazon's face turn sad.

"Right. You took much risk on saving my life already." He said in a gloomy tone. You felt guilty

"It's not that I..." You paused and look away.

"I just used to travel alone.. And its kinda felt weird to travel with someone. And I did promise to one of my friend to stay a little bit longer. So.. I can't go with you" You explained.

"Yes. I understand don't worry." Corazon replied with a more jolly voice now. You two continue on shopping. After a few hours you two finally done with the shopping and now walking back to your house.

"This island looks so peaceful. For someone like you who stays long in here, it must be hard to leave." Corazon said as he got some cigarettes from his pocket.

"Hmm. You are right. This island became a special place for me now" you agreed.

"I will sure to get back in here someday. This place is where I got died and got my second chance to live again." He said, you saw a warm smile on his face. He lit up his cigarette but some moments later his black feather coat was caught on fire too. Your eyes got widen as the fire on his coat was getting bigger.

"Corazon you're on fire!" You shouts panicking and doesn't know what to do as you two is in the middle of a snowy forest.

"Yea. I'm always been-- ouch! ITS HOT! ITS HOT!!" He screams as he tripped and falls flat on his back and rolls on the snowy ground like an idiot and trying to put off the fire.

You just stood there watch him as he struggles on rolling on the ground. When he finally put out the fire he sits up and huffs. You can't help yourself as you burst out in laughter.

"I-I didn't expected that you could be more clumsy and stupid as you are." You said in between your laughter.

On the other hand, Corazon stares at you amusedly as it was his first time seeing you laugh like that. He was stunned there staring and admiring at you while laughing. He doesn't know but he just felt like his heart is beating loudly. He shakes his head as he stood up. He walked to you and rest his hands on your head. You still haven't stop laughing.