Chapter 2

* * *

It has been 30 years since dungeons and monsters appeared in Korea and around the world.

People remembered that day as the day of destruction when the sky collapsed and the ground split.

At the same time, there was a 'gate' all over the same time. The gate was a passageway to another dimension, and the other dimension that led to it was called the 'dungeon'.

The gate, which rose as the ground twisted, did not disappear no matter what external methods were taken. The army entered the gate, but to no avail.

As the number of victims increased, the only survivor who came back alive shouted.

"There are......, monsters living in there!"

The dead man could not even recover the remains.

Many countries have attempted to remove the gate. They formed a special force to explore dungeons and set up a joint research institute with other countries to find solutions. Unmanned weapons were also deployed in place of humans to prevent the increasing number of victims.

But it all ended in failure.

No matter how much they looked for the answer, they couldn't find a way to get rid of the gate, so people eventually chose to coexist.

Although it is a reluctant and bizarre phenomenon, it does not pose a special threat to mankind unless you go directly into that gate of hell. Of course, when the first gate was created, it had to go through a disaster such as a natural disaster.

It was a kind of compromise and a desperate measure.

However, after a dungeon, which was not attacked within the time limit, caused a huge explosion and completely erased an area on the map, people realized that even 'compromise' such as coexistence was impossible.

- Dungeon must be attacked.

However, the number of gates that occurred was large and humans were helpless.

By the time the only way to get rid of the gate is to choose a victim to dedicate himself to the nation and drop a nuclear bomb inside the dungeon.......

[SYSTEM: ■■ person/side recognizes you]

[SYSTEM: Potential is blooming. You have acquired a unique skill.]

[SYSTEM: Unique skills 'Frozen Breath (B)', 'Cry of Silence (C)']

[SYSTEM: Skill comprehension increases. You can evolve your skills.]

After contact with the unknown, 'Awakeners' who gained powerful power and amazing ability appeared.

Monsters, who were unstoppable even in the face of cutting-edge military equipment, fell to their knees in front of the power of the
Awakened.

Humankind, driven to its limit, attempted a counterattack, centering on the Awakened. They were always busy cleaning up but now they are the first to attack the dungeon. And the result is.......

"It, it's gone!"

"The gate is gone! We made it!"

"There are no victims either! Everyone is back alive! Whaaa!"

It was humankind's first victory.

Humankind, which seemed to have collapsed due to a huge threat, overcame the crisis with the birth of the Awakened.

Afterwards, the Awakened became active under the name of 'Hunters', and they became the envy of people as heroes who protected the world.

That's how the world entered a new phase of history.