Chapter sixteen

The family had gathered for their usual morning prayers. She managed to hold a brave face through it all.

She just felt dirty.

Refusing to lead the worship session would raise eyebrows and she didn't want to draw attention to herself. Besides she'd been doing this for years, so she started.

Not even the sweet melody from the instruments could get to her. She felt disconnected and at loss on how to reconnect.

Whenever everyone was at home at the same time which was a very rare occurrence, a great morning devotion was going to happen. In this case they gathered for James and Shelby's wedding anniversary.

Finally it was over as Mama Becs opened her bible and asked them to do the same.

'In christianity, we don't judge by our feelings; we follow the Word. That you "feel" close to God
or far from Him doesn't make any difference. You live in Him and He lives in you. How much closer can you get to someone who lives in you?',

She definitely wasn't feeling him anywhere near her.

'God wants you to know and grow in the knowledge of His Word, and walk in the light of your oneness with Him. He wants you to live by what the Word says about you, and not by your feelings or the opinions of others.

The devil may lie to you and make you feel you're still a sinner, but don't be deceived. That glorious day you gave your heart to Christ, you were recreated and became the righteousness of God in Him',

Well the devil didn't need any help, she was doing that all on her own.

'2 Corinthians 5:17, let's go there. If you find it first, do read for us'

Everyone did as was instructed, then Ian read out;

"Therefore if any man be
in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Mama Becs went on,

'God had to tell you this because your mind doesn't know it and
can't comprehend it. It's revelation knowledge for the
human spirit, through the Holy Spirit.

Irrespective of how you may "feel," He wants you to "see," to reckon that you're in Christ now',

She had heard that scripture so many times. Right now, they sounded like water to a man trapped under the scorching sun of a desert.

'The old habits are passed away; the old frustrations and struggles are passed away. You have a brand-new life of glory and righteousness. Hallelujah!!

The family responded, amen! She too.

'Follow the word, not your feelings. Because the bible in Romans chapter 8 verse 8 says,so then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Don't let your feelings consume you and rob you of this great life that Christ has brought for us.

Ian, you have the NIV version bible right? Let's take Romans chapter 8, from verse 1. Read it up to 16. Now pay close attention.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

The first tear escaped as she listened. She didn't mind that she had an audience.

As the scriptures came, the tears kept coming.

For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 

A chorus of amen went round but she didn't hear it. So focused in her anguish, she forced herself to hear the rest of the scriptures.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.  You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness',

I'm sorry, please forgive me Lord!, She thought.

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.

And by him we cry, " Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children'

Abba Father, Lord I'm sorry please forgive me.

Then clearly, she heard it.

'Come unto me oh ye that are burdened and I will give you rest',

She screamed into her hand that she covered her face with, still whispering I'm sorry Lord, please forgive me.

'For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light',

She couldn't stop, she had to beg for his forgiveness. She had let him down, she was sorry. She had to beg for his forgiveness.

She sank to her knees still sobbing.Over and over she went till  Mama Becs walked up to her and knelt beside her.

Placing her hands on her shoulders, she pulled her into a hug and whispered the message she had for her from God.

'He says I forgive you, let it go and let's make it right. For I am the Lord, I make everything beautiful in it's season',

Mama held her while she cried.

She didn't deserve it.

Heck her mother would kill her if she found out what she did.

She didn't deserve His forgiveness, but He had given it to her.

All she had to do was reach for it.

Somebody shout praise the Lord!!

God is good!!!

💃💃💃

His love is boundless.

Don't know who needs to hear this but God loves you deep.

Comment, vote and share

God bless you 💝💝