Chapter Five

Her meeting with mystery man was not going as planned, dude wasn't even here yet!

Her phone ringing caught her attention. She smiled as she saw Sandra's name as the caller.

'Hi Sandra, good morning',

'What's up sister! And how's adulthood treating you?', she asked in a cheery mood.

'You adults need to write a manual for this stuff, it's so crazy! Why exactly didn't you tell me how it was going to be?',

Sandra laughed so hard that Jules thought the entire cafe could hear her.

'Well, it wouldn't be so fun if I told you about it now would it? Besides it'll help you choose how you want to live your life plus how best and stress free to live it',

'That's rubbish and you know it.
But it'd admit its fun making my own decisions with minimal fear of what mum will do to me if she finds out',

'Oh that is the one you'll never outgrow babes. The fear of mother! Especially with her unannounced visits

'Well that us a you and Duncan thing. She's yet to locate my side of the planet',

'Give it time. I can still remember the Scott incident. Men I've never run home that fast! Like why did she have to show up on the very first day!', the sisters laughed at the memory.

Scott's apartment was being fixed. Sandra had a spare bedroom. So on the first day of her accommodating him, her mum had dropped by that morning.

She nearly had a heart attack when Scott told her her older version was in her kitchen and saw him in his briefs.

Someone sat in front of her.

Mr Louis, also known as mystery man.

'Veillez excuser mon retard mademoiselle Julie', he said in form of greeting.

(Sorry I'm late miss Julie),

'Let me call you back sis, okay bye. Pas de problème, je ne suis ici que depuis un moment, comment allez-vous?',

(no problem, I've only been here for a while.how are you?)

'Je vais bien et toi?',

(I'm ok and you?)

'Je vais bien'

(I'm fine')

After ordering coffee they flowed into an easy but awkward conversation. Fifteen minutes later, Jules just wanted to go home. To which a secret text to Gabriel solved as he called her immediately.

'I'm sorry but I have to go. It was nice meeting you Mr Louis, let's do this some other time',

'Well of course mademoiselle. Bien que nous soyons un peu rudes sur les bords, j'aimerais vous revoir',

(though we are a little rough around the edges, i would love to see you again)

'Bien sûr, au revoir'

(Of course, good bye)

They shook hands and she left.

Later that night she received a text from Mr Louis which she chose to ignore..

She had school on Monday and church service tomorrow. Almost fast asleep she remembered she hadn't set out her clothes yet, groaning she stood up and set out the outfit before going to sleep.

****

She thought she'd escaped it but apparently that wish was laid to waste.

Both of her parents were currently in her new accomodation. Well mum's doing but both of them were there to look over the place she chose.

Mrs Rodriguez zeroed in on her scattered wardrobe.

'Oh Juliet when would you learn?!', she scolded as she began lecturing her on the importance of having an arranged wardrobe.

She turned pleading eyes on her dad who smiled in return.

'Mi pequeña roja',

(My little red)

'Yes dear?', but she didn't look up from what she was doing.

He pulled her into his arms and started his usual lecture to get her to back off from them.

'You're being overbearing baby',

'But this place is a mess!',

'Yes, her mess not yours',

'You can't expect me to leave it be just like that!',

'Yes I do, and take your nose with you. Let's go',

'Hey! A mother's got the right to be as nosey as she wants when it regards her children',

'Not when such a child is older than 21. Come on now', he took her out of my room but not without sending a wink in her direction.

At dinner later that evening her mum stretched her hand to her. She feigned ignorance.

'What mum?',

'Save your breathe baby, you already knew this was coming ',

'Daddy!',

'Not getting involved ',

'Fine!', she handed her the spare key she already had with her. The visit wouldn't have ended with just her parents inspecting and offering her better accomodation.

****

Finding an English speaking church wasn't as hard as she'd thought it to be. She wanted to give a French speaking church a try and soon discovered she wasn't that well vast in the language.

The dance they presented was admonishing and entertaining for her. One of the male dancers was busy doing his thing rather than the choreography and the dance coordinator looked like she wanted to do him harm.

She reminded her of Gabriel and his shenanigans during rehearsals.

She got into her apartment she was greeted by the sight of Gabriel on her couch.

Was this a speak of the devil and he shall appear kinda thing? If so it was wrong cause all she did was think not speak. And a more pressing question was how on earth did he get into her apartment.

'You've got ten minutes before I call the hostel security on you', she said as he walked by him.

'You love me too much for that! Besides I should feel insulted that you gave Lola a key and I didn't get one', he pouted at her.

'For this precise reason! Where is Lola?',

'Dont know, she got pretty upset when some girl was trying to be touchy on the way here and left. I tried asking her what's wrong and she said she forgot something',

Such a clueless human being..

Keeping her thoughts to herself, she made a hmph sound and proceeded to her kitchen to see a mess of cereals and milk.

Before she could yell Gabriel appeared and swore that that was exactly how he saw it!

Too tired to talk, she took out a broom and began cleaning.

That child is a case.

Comment

Vote

And share

God bless you 💞