Chapter one

Grosvenor Square, 1813.

Dearest Reader,
The time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless, tactless mama. Far better odds might exist in the household of the widows Viscountess Bridgerton. A shockingly prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters. Or perhaps we should look into the household of the Viscount Kingston. There are more children in the house than there are fingers on a hand.

The eldest of six is the Honorable Zachariah Sang Kingston, who is happily married to the Honorable Olivia Kingston, with their two year old son Zane.

In the parlor of the Kingston Manor, sits a man at the ripe age of 29, staring lovingly at a woman and young boy playing with blocks on the rugged floor. Turning her head she smiles at him, before the doors to the parlor are opened once again.

York Paxon Kingston, twin to Zachariah, husband to Lily Kingston and father to one year old Andrew, is the second born child. He was betrothed only two months time after his first dance with Miss Lily Kingston née Montague .

Strolling into the parlor of the house, baby balancing on his hip and hand intertwined with his wife's, a man smiles at his twin, sharing greetings before sitting down with his family.

Vincent Lane Kingston, the knight in shining armor for most young lady's of the Ton. With small loops of curls resting upon his head and a cleanly shaven stubble, he'll have ladies dropping at their feet.

Bending down slightly, picking up the fallen fan, a young gentleman rises handing a lady no more than one and twenty the fan she dropped. Looking up at the man whose face held a small smirk, a blush rose to her cheeks.

The last pair of twins residing in the family, as of now at the very least, are Xander Cornwall and Theodore Axel Kingston. They could very well open their own bakery with how much they eat.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen were two young men at the age four and twenty, currently stuffing their faces in the most gentlemanly way possible, with plates full of pastries and fruit in front of them.

Last but not least of the Kingston family we have Scarlet Renee Kingston. Many of those close to her, know her as 'sunshine' for her smile and personality. Don't be fooled by her name however, for the young lady is an explosion of surprises and adventure. She is the society's own personal sunflower. The Viscount should be careful with her this season. Gentlemen will be waiting outside the door asking for her hand the very minute after her presentation.

Standing in front of a full length mirror, looking down at the gorgeous cream and white colored dress resting upon her body, a young lady smiled at herself, fixing the rose quartz necklace that lay upon her chest. Her usual silky golden hair that was always down, was now in an updo that was held together by pins. She felt out of her skin. Not only did she wish to be doing archery as of this moment but she wished that she did not have to go into society at all. The only thing she looked forward too was getting to fall in love. Hopefully. And the food. The food was a definite.

A knock came from her bedroom door, "Come in."

Turning around she was greeted with the sight of her father. Russell couldn't believe how quick his little girl had grown up. She may be one and twenty but it felt as though it was a week ago where she would run into his study to pull him outside to paint with her. Come to think of it, that probably happened two weeks before. "You look absolutely marvelous my dear."