Part V - Homecoming

The seconds I was in the air, I felt its pincers against my back, the damned small scarab. I have but mere moments to achieve a good landing despite the bites from the small necron. My armour plate takes the brunt of its damage until I land on my heels. I want this annoyance off my back! I sprinted towards one of the walls at great speed, thereafter turning my back where I attempted to smash the small scarab in between my back and the wall. It hurt a lot but as I withdrew my back from the wall and turned I saw the small scarab on the ground having been stunned I believe as it seemed stuck on its back. The many legs of it moved, attempting to get back on its feet. I gathered some momentum before I kicked it away, hitting it on the side of my plated boot like a ball.

The chamber that the small train station was in had a large amount of space. Much of it being crates and boxes, some empty, some not. There was rust everywhere on the metal inside this place. Old pipes, cranes and assembly lines. I saw 1106 sprint towards the head of the train. There were two, but the closest that he's running to seemed to be in better shape than the rest. It had less rust and worn down metal on it at the least. A fear came barging into my mind; Is he trying to leave on the train without me?

I immediately followed him, he was slower than me so I had a hope of catching up with him. He closed the door to the head of the train before I could enter however. Locking it even from his side. Meanwhile at the assembly line exit from whence we came from, the large serpentine necron emerged. Breaking the frame of the exit before leaping out on the ground. No doubt seeing me on the train. As my repeated attempts to open the door to where 1106 was failed, I climbed up on the top of the train as it started to move. As the large serpentine necron quickly sprinted towards the train I yelled at 1106 for closing the door.

– "Why the hell did you close the door before I could come in, 1106?!"

1106 responded in an annoyed tone, yelling back.

"I could not risk you ruining the controls with your xeno-hands. Only I know how to operate this train. You will not accidentally disable our means of escape, Eldar!"

I sighed at his distrust, must be that damned xenophobia the Imperium of Man is known for. Making me feel what we call his race justified, acts like a true mon-keigh right now! As the train was moving I felt it would be time to activate my waypointer. But as I was about to pull it out from my pocket the necron monstrosity climbed onto the back of the train as we just then exited the train station and were on the move.

The weight of the serpentine necron shook the train as I felt it through the vibrations of the transport. I kept my eyes at the back of the train afte climbing up on the roof of the first cart, thereafter activating my waypointer as the train started to pick up greater speed. Now it was simply to survive until help came. The waypointer was put back in my pocket as its signal for evac was held. I had to lower myself near to a crouch on to the ground in order to not feel as much pushback from the wind at my back and head. Would have been comfortable to have that banshee-mask I lost back about now, as some of my hair flew in my face from the wind, bothering me. I found it hard to not look towards at the back of the train, as I could feel the enemy necron moving, but it was hidden from my sight. I leaped onto the second cart of the train on the roof, almost slipping off the train in the process, as I just had to see where this necron monstrosity was, as I could hear it nearby on board.

I narrowed my eyes and quietly took steps around, trying to locate it. All of a sudden, I felt movement below in the train cart. I took a few steps back as it seemed to be right under me. Was good too, as claws from the necron's legs pierced through the ceiling of the train and almost hit my feet. I almost fell down too several times before it pulled down a part of the ceiling after having almost cut a circle in the roof to emerge.