"Yeah, it's a nice blue jacket. But come on let's go, we're going to be late for class!" She then took his hand, running to their first class of the day before the late bell rang.

"It's Marc Jacobs, Cataleya." Kurt muttered, not understanding how she couldn't care about fashion even though she was from NYC, a city he dreamed of going to.

Once they reached their class, she realized that she didn't have her stuff. "Fuck!" She said aloud, with the teacher looking at her not surprised at the words coming out of Cataleya's mouth, as he was used to it by now.

Santana who was sitting in the front with Quinn looked amused. "Sorry Mr. Ryan, I left my equipment in front of the school. I'll be right back!" She said before running out of the class, hoping her stuff would still be there.

When she reached the spot where she left it, she didn't see it. Who the hell took it?

She kept thinking that it had to be one of the jocks, one of Puck's goons. She went running to the guys' locker room when someone called her name.

She turned around to see Mike Chang running to her. She looked at him confused. They didn't really interact even though they had many classes together—partners in some.

"Hey Mike, sorry I'm busy at the moment. I have to find my equipment." She said as she was turning to head to the locker room.

"It's about your equipment." he responded nervously. She looked at him pointedly, wanting him to continue.

"Right, so I was walking to school when I saw the bags. I looked at them and saw Escobar written on them, so I knew it was yours. I took your stuff and gave it to your coach." He said as quickly as he possibly could to get away from her interrogating stare.

By the end, her face changed, now having an appreciative smile. 

"Have I ever told you how awesome you are! Like holy shit, I owe you big time; thank you so much!" He was going to ask her a question when the bell rang.

"It's cool, but I should get going before I get detention." He started walking to his class, surprised to see her alongside him. He gave her a look.

"Did you forget we have Mr. Ryan together Mike? And don't worry, I'll make sure you won't get detention. I can explain to him why you were late since it was my fault."

"You don't have to."

She shrugged. "Ehh, I'm used to getting detention. Another one isn't going to kill me." Once they reached their class, they hoped their teacher would be lenient.

He wasn't. He was going to give them both detention until Cataleya spoke.

She kept her word, and she defended him. She got him out of detention but gained herself another one to make up for his.

After getting berated by the teacher, Cataleya went to her seat, then scanned the room until she saw Mike. Once she did, she gave him a smile, and two thumbs up.

She was something else, he thought. For someone who was always in trouble, he found it interesting how she seemed to always be in good spirits.

"You know I think I've sat with you once this school year since you always have lunch detention. Wait, it hasn't even been once since you got detention during lunch that one time." Kurt whispered, breaking Cataleya's attention from Mike to face Kurt.

"I'm sorry, but you can always get detention with me?" She joked with a hint of hopefulness that he would.

"And ruin my perfect record? No thank you. I love you but not that much." He said, and she couldn't help but laugh. A little too loud as the teacher told her to be quiet, which she was for the rest of the class.