Chapter 11 : The Shadow Of The Past!

Start from the beginning

Sagashi tsuzukete
(Jean is standing proudly, as she readies her sword, and the enemies is upon them.)

tadori tsuita
(Suddenly, a thunder struck Hillicurs near Jean's location, turns out, Lisa is using her spell behind Jean.)

Kono basho de Period ni
(Lumine's brother, Aether is standing on the top of the hill of a mountain, looking at the battlefield, accompanied by his Abyss Mage. Then, he is looking at the sky, with StormTerror flies on the sky.)

Kanashimi ikari
(Lumine is standing near the front gate of Moonstadt.)

Chikara ni kaete
(Musashi stands beside her (holding her sword), and Paimon is floating around them.)

Unmei wa sugu soba ni
(Both Lumine and Musashi are doing fist bump, and they are ready for their adventure!)

-------------------- Chapter 11 -------------------

(Still 3RD POV)
[After that small fiasco, Musashi and the gang are standing inside Jean's office.]
Jean: "Thank you for coming on such a short notice, Honorary Knight."
Paimon: "It's fine, Jean. Even if the Stormterror problem is solved, we will continue to help you and the city."
Jean: "Yeah, it's- Wait, what happened to your ear, Musashi?"
Musashi: "Uh, well..."

[Jean saw Musashi's red ears. Musashi couldn't help but laugh nervously.]
Musashi: "A-Ahaha~ I-It's nothing, you don't need to know about it."
Jean: "I-Is that so?"
Paimon: "Y-Yeah! Maybe it got stung by a mosquito!"
Lumine: "....."

[Lumine scowled and glanced at Musashi. Jean knew that there seemed to be a bit of trouble between Lumine and Musashi, But, she knows this is none of her business. She began to speak about the other thing.]
Jean: "I have been meaning to have a word with you if the occasion presented itself, but as you know, Mondstadt's safety must always be my first priority."
Musashi: "Yup, we know that."
Jean: "I have recently received multiple reports from the Knights of someone within the Lawrence Clan having close dealings with the Fatui."
Paimon: "Fatui again!?"

*TWITCH!*
[Instantly, tick mark appears on Musashi's head. She is really pissed with those Fatui, who is always causing trouble around the Teyvat.]
Musashi: "Alright, Jean.. What is this all about? And what is the connection between them and Lawrence Clan?"
Lumine: "Lawrence Clan?"
Jean: "There was a dark period in Mondstadt's history when the aristocracy ruled over the city. The hard-won freedom that followed with the fall of Decarabian was lost once again, as slavery spread throughout the land. The first Dandelion Knight, Vennessa, spearheaded the revolution that overthrew the old aristocratic system and established the Knights of Favonius, leading Mondstadt to become the city that you see today. The aristocrats, that had oppressed the people of Mondstadt, were none other than the Lawrence Clan."

[Yup... Musashi knows it all about it before, thanks to Jean. But, she just sighed.]
Musashi: (If I could, I wouldn't want to deal with aristocrats who always thought of themselves as royalty.)
Lumine: "Apparently, this problem is quite serious."
Paimon: "Oh, Paimon gets it. So the clan's descendants are now scheming with the bad guys to carry out more dubious deeds?"
Jean: "We suspect as much, though we have yet to obtain any solid evidence. The reason I summoned you here today is to ask you to help us further investigate this matter."

[Lumine just nods at Jean's request. On the other side, Musashi doesn't want to be a part of it.]
Musashi: "But, why us, Jean? Why don't you ask Knights of Favonius to handle this matter?"
Jean: "Unfortunately, the Knights of Favonius and the aristocracy have been at odds with one another for as long as I can remember."

[Jean just sighed. She knows it very well about the conditions between the citizens of Monstadt and the Lawrence Clan that hated each other.]
Jean: "We have already considered every possible way of resolving our differences, but it seems the descendants of the aristocracy remain antagonistic towards the Knights... No matter what stance we take when dealing with them, the outcome is always the same... Our efforts only result in adding more fuel to the flames."
Musashi: "I see..."
Jean: "We could come knocking on their door on the grounds of a search warrant, but if the investigation were to come up empty, I'm afraid tensions and distrust would only increase. And, all of our past efforts would have been wasted..."
Lumine: "It's okay, Jean!"