Prologue

Present time.

Haerin's POV.

"Haerin-ah! You didn't forget it's my birthday today, right?"

I looked at her as she's running towards me. Everything around me seemed like a blur, voices of other students faded, and all I could see was her smiling face. She looked so happy... and my heart skipped a beat.

I smiled.

"I don't think I would ever forget about your birthday, Dani-ah."

She smiled, and my heart skipped a beat again.

"So did you buy me something for my birthday...?" She smiled in a cute way.

I would give you the whole world if I could. If only I could.

"Dani-ah, there was an emergency. I had to use all of my savings. I'm sorry." I acted like I was sad that I couldn't buy her anything.

"Oh..." She didn't pout, but she looked slightly sad. "It's okay, Haerin-i. You're still the best friend that I have in the entire world!" Then she hugged me.

Best friend.

My heart hurts, this time in a bad way.

I like her. I know I like her.

But there's nothing I could do for this feeling.

So I let it be.

"Don't tell me you believed that?" I said. She broke the hug and looked at me shocked.

I laughed. She's so cute even if she's not doing anything.

"So you bought something for me?!" She asked excitedly.

I let out a chuckle. "Of course I did, why did you look so shocked?"

She smacked my arm slightly. "Because I know you wouldn't hurt me."

And I smiled.

I love you, I wouldn't do that to you.

"But I would dare to punch you for a million dollars." I joked while giggling.

She gasped, she was dumbfounded. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Haerin-i it's my birthday today and you say things like that." She pouted, trying to look sad. I didn't buy it though.

"That's why we should look for someone to dare me." I chuckled.

"What?" She said, confused.

"Someone who would dare me to punch you."

"You would really punch me for a million dollars?!"

"Dani-ah it's a million dollars! It's enough money for a staycation in a foreign country for a month, I thought you wanted that?" I said while giggling.

She was speechless, so then I laughed hysterically. She just stood there with a blank expression which made it even funnier.

Oh, I love you Dani.

When she had enough of my laughter, she began walking away from me.

"Hey!" I ran to catch up to her. "It was just a joke."

"Well your joke hurts!" She stopped walking. "And it's my birthday today."

I put my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry, I was just joking." I said.

I always do this: tease her, she gets mad or sad, then I hug her tightly and apologize.