Chapter 43 - Vampire's and Werewolves

Start from the beginning

"They also worshipped a woman, believed to be Dracula's wife. However, from the description, I have reason to believe this woman was the first Guardian of darkness. She's described as communicating with the dead, and swimming in the shadows."

You're kidding? That has to be some old wives tale.

"Where did you hear this from?"

"It's not confirmed, but supposedly. A page from Dracula's journal was preserved. Where he spoke of this enchantress. However, it's ripped, and only has his observations of her from the meeting. It's also in this book." He closed it and handed it to me. 

"I think for a revolutionist like yourself. This book could come in handy."

"Speaking of coming in handy." Nova's voice came out from the end of the aisle. I looked up and saw him approaching us. "Aeseria, we should talk."

"What about?" I asked.

"The inevitable. With the Horn practically dead, we already know what the vampires and wolves are gonna do. They've been waiting for a while. This is the best opportunity."

I sighed. "I suppose, even if the Horn still exists. I know Jure would sweet talk his way into joining."

"And our people are gonna slaughter each other. They'll finally have the authority under Osiris. And that also means the Werewolves and Lycan would use this as a way of asserting who's the dominant wolf." Nova added.

"Nova, what species do you hail from exactly?" Orion asked. 

Nova glanced at him and then back to me."Lycanthrope." 

"Interesting, and you can't shift at all?"

Nova growled. "Yeah, that's right."

"Do you have any physical traits of your-"  

"I'm not here to be put in a book!" Nova snapped. 

"It's a sensitive topic." I said.

"I'm not sens- That's not the point. The point is we should team up. You know the nest well that's been fighting the wolves aggressively. And I'm the only one of my kind that can take over both wolves."

"And what are you suggesting exactly?" I asked.

"Fascinating, you can surely take over both packs can't you!?" Orion asked excitedly, which made Nova growl again.

"I'm suggesting we take over both groups soon. If we make a guild we'd be able to control Monster lane and our people."

I sighed "You're really a dreamer, aren't you?"

"I'm gonna be the king of the wolves." He said and gave me a deadly glare. "I know you want to make Monster lane a safe place. And you want to help your people. If you can take down Jure. You can take back a bulk of the vampire's nests, and help your home."

"Vampires aren't as simple as you wolves."

"Watch it." He said. 

"I'm just saying, we don't all follow the guy who beats up our nest leader. It's a lot more political. Especially since Jures has so many younglings."

"So killing him isn't an option?"

"If it were that simple, you think I wouldn't have done it already? The nest follows who they believe is the best leader. Killing him would only turn the nest on me. Besides, he isn't easy to beat in a fight."

"Coming from you, that's saying something." Nova said and scratched the back of his head.

"Don't get me wrong, I like the plan. Maybe if you can take over the wolves. We can start the plan. I'll have to think of another way around this. Not to mention I have no vamps staying with me other than my brother. It just makes all sorts of things complicated."