106 - Reception pt. 3

Your guests help themselves to desserts and drinks as you and josh talk to guests.
Josh gets a phone call: babe I gotta go!
You: no! You're not leaving me yet. Give it an hour then you can go.
Josh: it's work.
You: I don't care! You have taken the day off so leave it be.
Josh: ok.

You've started to think this day is turning out to be a disaster.

You give your speech: I know it's unusual for a bride to give a speech, but those who know me well, understand that the chances of me being able to keep my mouth shut while everyone else gives a speech are pretty slim! Mum and Dad, what can I say? You've seen me grow up; you've helped develop and mature me into the person that I am today and I hope that after all your hard work it has been worthwhile. I love you both deeply. I'd like to especially thank my gorgeous bridesmaids. You all look so stunning, that's why I've sat you as far away from me as possible! Can't be upstaged on my own wedding day. A huge thank you to Anthony for dragging my new husband kicking and screaming here today. I hope I'm only joking! Most of all, I'd like to thank my new husband for asking me to be his – and for going through with it. You came into my life and completely changed it – for the better. I adore you and I would like to thank you for your patience and understanding. Thanks also for putting up with my tears, tantrums and all those bridezilla moments! You are my rock and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life being yours.Last but not least, thank you to each and every one of you for sharing our special day with us. A wedding can happen anywhere and at any time, but it can only be a true celebration when all the people you love are there to share it with you. You have made our day all that more special. Please raise your glasses and drink a toast to dear friends and family.

Everyone raises a glass.
You: cheers.