𝙄𝙄 |𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣|

Start from the beginning

There was an eerie calmness in the Shah Household. It was the calm before the storm. The storm that would disrupt the foundation of every relationship. The happiness had turned sour as it had left the family members in chaos and confusion. The family was astounded to learn that Anupama had received some kind of shock which resulted in her blood pressure shooting up. There were questions and no one in the family had ever imagined in their wildest of dreams to see Anupama in such a disheveled state. It was disheartening and an unbearable sight.

Devika held the tender hands of Anupama instilling some strength into her as she recalled Kavya colliding with her and how she got pricked by an earring in her foot. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard a faint murmuring. It was Anupama who was slowly coming to consciousness and she was murmuring the wordWhy?Why?' with her head tilting sideways. Devika gently coaxed her to say about what had gone wrong but she slipped into a deep slumber. She was devastated to see her ever-smiling best friend in such a condition. She was mentally cursing Anupama's fate and was reminiscing the sweet memories.

Baa had been weary since the wedding preparations had started. The faith had taken the form of unauspicious signs during the rituals. Samar was distraught for he had always been Mamma's boy since childhood. He held his mother in high esteem and thus he was shattered to see her like this. Bapuji, as fondly called by everyone, Hasmukh Shah turned and looked at the idol of Radhakrishna questioning his divine plays. Paritosh was blindly believing the lies that his father fed him. Vanraj Shah had cleverly blamed Kavya for the mishap just like when turbulent waters hit, he had left Kavya to fight this battle alone. Pakhi was worried and her mother's state terrified her for she had seen her meeting all their needs selflessly.

Vanraj had been troubled by the drastic turn of events. There was a different kind of emotion in his eyes that none could fathom. Devika wondered whether it was truly remorse or something else as she continued to look at him whilst he exited the room. He was hallucinating different scenarios of Anupama's reaction to his disloyalty. He entered the room a little later only to find Devika by the side of the bed. Devika's eyes screamed anger and thus she tried to stop him. Though she had an inkling about what had transpired, she dared to seek answers. She looked at him questioningly and said "What exactly happened for her to collapse because you were there in the room?" Vanraj being the obnoxious person that he is completely chose to avoid the question and gave a vague answer. The answer lead to a small altercation between them which was interrupted by the faint whispering of Anupama, who was slightly moving her fingers. Even before Devika could stop him, Vanraj had rushed over to her in lieu of twisting the story or rather say manipulating her in his mind games.

Anupama got hysterical as soon as she saw Vanraj. She was having flashes of betrayal and the warnings that Devika and Anirudh had given her earlier regarding Vanraj's treachery. She jerked Vanraj, with a force, who fell down with a thud leaving Devika aghast. The bed that was decorated with roses had been unkempt as she pushed her legs through it jerking away Vanraj's hand as if that touch would burn her hand. She hysterically walked out of the room with Devika following her. She would go ballistic every time she saw Vanraj as the duplicity would not leave her eyes. Devika caught hold of her and asked her " Anu, tell me, what has happened ?" Anupama tried to wriggle out of the hug and ultimately she pushed Devika making her fall to the floor. The family members came rushing in as her voice boomed in the house calling them.

It was heartwrenching for everyone to see her in such a messy state bringing tears to everyone's eyes. The children had a hard time controlling their mom, for she refused to even look at Vanraj who was standing at the entrance of the room behind Samar. The kids had to reacquaint themselves with their mother. This was seen by Devika and Sanjay. Baa and Bapuji shared a look at each other and told the kids, "Kids, take your mom to the room." Anupama's eyes went wide as saucers hearing the word room, she started shaking her head vigorously indicating her disapproval. The kids assured her with difficulty when Pakhi lovingly spoke to her " You'll come to your Pakhi's room, right?"   " Sweetudi" whispered Anupama. They all took her to Pakhi's room.

Pakhi took her mother's head in her lap and started singing the lullaby that Anupama used to sing for her. The brothers caressed their mother lovingly. Anupama was wide awake but she was unresponsive and unreactive. She was like a stone which worried everyone. Slowly she drifted into sleep. The night was long as everyone remembered the memories that they shared with Anupama for she was like a wall taking care of everyone's needs and wants. The moments passed in a flash for everyone as it was Anupama, the thread that held the family together.

Kavya was an emotional mess. She had an emotional breakdown after learning about Anupama's condition. She was guilty of breaking Anupama's trust for she herself had an affair with Vanraj rather than being the protective friend that Anupama wished her to be. Devika had been livid with rage when she learned that Anupama had indeed spotted them in their weak moment. It was her stubbornness that led to such grave consequences almost costing Anupama her life. The night was dark and long yet there was hope for a new beginning.

A new chapter was about to begin in Anupama, Vanraj, and Anuj's lives.

Astute Business Man

Astute Business Man. Sharp, Shrewd. Ruthless. Loving. Calm. Kind. Anupama's love and best friend. Devika and Vikram's AK.  Malvika 's Bhai.  Saveer's Dad. Samaira's Pa. Anand and Gayatri Kapadia's son. GK's foster son. Introducing Gaurav Khanna as Anuj Kapadia.

Anuj's mentor, philosopher, guide, and foster parent (Mummy)

Anuj's mentor, philosopher, guide, and foster parent (Mummy).  Malvika, Vikram and Devika's Mummy. Anand Kapadia's employee.  Anupama's Dad. Saveer's Dadu. Samaira's Dude. That's Deepak Gheewala as Gopichand Karodiya fondly called GK.