11- Not a Pirate's Life

Start from the beginning

He sighed. "No, I guess not," he said moodily.

"Maybe it's about time you found yourself a girl?" Harry suggested with a laugh.

"You're starting to sound like the crew," he said with his eyebrows raised. "I guess I'm just becoming an old salt. What can you do? I can't give up life of being a pirate just yet… but it is becoming rather boring now… but to live life on the land in a house or on a farm? I don't think I can do it. I guess that I just miss my best friends."

Harry gave him a sad look. "You know… why don't you go and visit Remus and Tonks? Teddy's just starting to walk, and Tonks's been dropping hints about giving him a little brother or sister."

Sirius burst out laughing. "Ah, you know, I think I will. If only James and Lily still lived near the shore…"

"We've been talking about moving back to the beach for some time," Harry told him.

"Great," Sirius said beaming. "More visits! That's what I need!" He laughed again, before he threw his arm around his godson's shoulders. "It's been to long since the two of us had anything fun to do together."

"Well," Harry said sadly. "We've still got to help Ron out. But maybe, once we do, I'll come back and go out to sea with you?"

Sirius chuckled. "Maybe one or two adventures out at sea… but I don't think that you'd be happy with a pirate's life."

Harry frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I mean you'd be great at sea," Sirius said hurriedly. "But, well for one thing, your mother would skin me alive…"

"I'm of age now," Harry reminded him. "I should've left home a little while ago… me and Hermione had been talking about leaving for a little while…"

"Yeah," Sirius said. "James told me in one of his letters."

"Dad knew?" he asked in surprise.

"Yep," Sirius nodded. "He didn't mean to… he overheard you and Hermione talking one day… well, it's only natural for the young to want to leave the nest sooner or later… but you need to be careful. It's not easy making your way in the world."

"I know," Harry muttered. "At home, there was always a warm bed and a hot meal… we didn't have to go far to get it. Here, we only just started out on our journey a few days ago and we almost drowned."

"You're doing great, kid," Sirius said clapping him on the shoulder. "And maybe we'll try you out as a sailor… but something tells me that you've got something else… or rather someone else on your mind?"

"What?" Harry asked in surprise.

"You were standing here looking out at the sea yesterday," he said knowingly. "I know that look. Everyone in the crew gets it once in awhile… it's when you're thinking about someone special. Right?"

"I was just thinking about that dream, Sirius," Harry told him firmly.

"The one with that girl?" Sirius asked, waggling his eyebrows.

"Sirius, it's not a joke," Harry told him. "When I'm dreaming, it's like I'm someplace else… they're too real…"

Sirius frowned. "Well, I can't really help you there."

Harry sighed in frustration. "I only wish I knew what they meant. I mean, I don't know the girl… I don't even know her name. It's like… like…" he trailed off, unable to explain it.

Sirius smiled and ruffled his hair fondly. "You'll be fine. You always are."

Harry gave him a grateful look. "I just wish I knew what to do."

Sirius took a quick swig of rum. "You're your parent's son," he said simply. "Live how you want… it's what they always did."

Harry beamed at him. "That's true. If they didn't I probably wouldn't be here."

Sirius laughed again and shielded his eyes against the sun to see off into the distance. "We'll be at the harbor soon," he said. "We'll go and see Remus… and then we'll pay a quick visit to your parents. We'll let them know that you're doing just fine."

"Thanks," Harry said gratefully. He watched his godfather leave… he was only able to see Sirius a few times a year, but each meeting was something special for him. He wished that he could see him more often…

He leaned back and watched as the harbor drew nearer and nearer, wondering how and what he should do. As much as he loved the ocean, he had a feeling that Sirius was right… he wasn't meant to be a pirate. But if that's the case then what was he born for? He felt the stone under his clothes and wondered what this all meant.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

They got off at the dock and went straight over to see Remus and Tonks who were thrilled to see them again so soon. But Remus was horrified to hear about the ride over. They stayed over for the next day, and headed off on their own the next morning. But Harry was happy. Sitting with his friends, Remus and his family, and Sirius was one of the best days he'd had in a long time.

The trio traveled north this time—heading up into the mountains.

"So where are we supposed to go this time?" Ron asked Hermione, who was looking at the map again.

"There's some kind of temple, I think, near the top of the mountain here," she said.

"You mean we have to go up a mountain now?" Harry groaned.

"Well, no," she told him. "It's on the mountain, but not on the top. There's a trail that leads up to it. Looks like we only have to walk a little ways."

"That's good," he answered, brightening up slightly. "So let's get going!"

A/N: Thanks for reading and please vote and comment!