(1.1) Pride

Theme Song: Kumpas by Moira Dela Torre

"The Weight of Time"

Started: 8 Aug 2022, 12:27
Finished: 9 Aug 2022, 14:16

"I recall my biggest mistake back then."

I found this girl named Leslie who's fond of reading fairy tales. This became her coping mechanism for escaping the cruel society into which she had been struggling to fit.

Her relationship with her family is complicated, which makes it difficult for her to feel happy.

Her mother died of leukemia, and her father later had an affair with one of their maids.

Her father doesn't have any idea at first that the maid had a son, so when he discovered it later on, he decided to leave Leslie alone and chose the other family they were building without her.

Her father still sees him as the mistake from the past because it's just a misunderstanding situation that both of their parents don't have the choice but to face the responsibilities, that's why it's easy for her father to choose the other family.

This leads to Leslie's scruple movement of breakdown.

Then there's me. A man who's very torpe who doesn't have the urge to confess my feelings so I decided to keep it for the meantime.

I think it's favorable for both of us since I don't want to be another burden to her if someday she begins to be aware of the situation while we slowly develop our feelings.

This situation I meant is the circumstances that will possibly occur if Leslie knows that I'm the son of her father's mistress.

Before I become aware of who's my step father, my feelings for Leslie are already there. My heart is beating before the tragic perfunctory situations.

Me and Leslie share the same school and that's the reason why I met her.

At first, it's just a small crush because maybe I'm just attracted to the way she speaks. The way she lets her mouth connect to her mind and heart, speaks to me.

She leaves a strong impression on the very first day of school.

Many months passed, my admiration for her deepened as I began to explore her personality. It seems like there's something behind her sweet smiles and loud laughs that I need to puzzled up.

I decided to jump into the 'getting to know her' phase.

Through her eyes, I am much more interested to know her.

The only way to know people's feelings is through their eyes. Eyes can't lie. Leslie's eyes scream agony and it's enough for me to understand that she's just a great pretender.

Leslie inspires me to get better grades so that when the time comes, Leslie will not turn me down.

Leslie's presence at debate club is the reason I participate. I have no desire to debate, but I do so because of her. Leslie is also the reason why I joined the basketball team because Leslie is into a guy who's good at sports.

I did everything in order to get her attention.

I didn't realize it until I began to fall deeper in love with her and time began to build obstacles between us.

After the Covid outbreak, I could no longer see Leslie.

I could no longer hear those laughs. I could no longer feel her presence. I could no longer witness her effortless beauty. I could no longer be with her.